MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Web host
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a better free web host than 000webhost, because I don't want this to keep happening,
ShocK Wrote:If you've been doing alot of editing etc then you're probably IP banned for 24hrs for exceeding 2,000 requests from the same IP (just one visit can create many requests)
Without changing your IP there's nothing you can do but wait it out.

So is there any webhost that I can transfer to that's better than this one?
Yes. A paid host.
This isn't really a MyBB support request... Undecided

I would recommend EmpireHostings and x10hosting (though there's a bit of downtime, imho). EmpireHostings is pretty reliable, full cPanel, and their free plan is on par with a paid plan. x10hosting also has full cPanel, unmetered space and bandwidth, plus a short domain (mysite.x10.mx is one of the options).
(2012-08-09, 06:43 AM)MYBB GHOST Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a better free web host than 000webhost, because I don't want this to keep happening,
ShocK Wrote:If you've been doing alot of editing etc then you're probably IP banned for 24hrs for exceeding 2,000 requests from the same IP (just one visit can create many requests)
Without changing your IP there's nothing you can do but wait it out.

So is there any webhost that I can transfer to that's better than this one?

if you cannot afford hosting try http://www.binhoster.com
- SERVERS ARE EXTREMELY FAST N Its FREE, Very good uptime.
(2012-08-09, 07:03 AM)Frank.Barry Wrote: [ -> ]Yes. A paid host.
Then what's the best paid web host?
(2012-08-09, 07:05 AM)Seabody Wrote: [ -> ]This isn't really a MyBB support request... Undecided

I would recommend EmpireHostings and x10hosting (though there's a bit of downtime, imho). EmpireHostings is pretty reliable, full cPanel, and their free plan is on par with a paid plan. x10hosting also has full cPanel, unmetered space and bandwidth, plus a short domain (mysite.x10.mx is one of the options).
How long is the downtime and how often does it happen?
I never really measured how long, but I had downtime maybe every three or four days. Pretty ridiculous actually.
That's over ridiculous, I rather pay, or find a better free host.
(2012-08-09, 09:14 AM)Vernier Wrote: [ -> ]http://community.mybb.com/thread-30827.html

K, thanks Vernier.
Closed as requested Smile