MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cookie question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have a question about mybb and cookies, It's a while since the cookie law became active. Currently i use a free plugin, but i have a question.

When you visit the site as an guest do you get cookies if yes, How do i disable them so i will make them accept cookies when they are registering.
Do you mean once they have registered?
Uhm.. that would mean a rewrite of that plugin. Make the on click function (disallow cookies) for the cookielaw plugin always run for guest. Unless you allow cookies, you should ask MattRogowski through PM if he knows what needs to be changed to make that possible.

But dont think it would be to difficult to change.
And yes to answer your question, mybb always currently sets cookies for guest which is in the netherlands "not allowed" since recently. The OPTA has become way stricter compared to EU regulations.
I mean do guest gets cookies when they visit the forums ?
Not if they just visit the forum, only if they login or attempt to login. Smile
(2012-08-10, 05:40 PM)Vernier Wrote: [ -> ]Not if they just visit the forum, only if they login or attempt to login. Smile

Do you know if that's against the law if they try to login and they make problems of it ?
What do you mean by "Make problems of it"?
I mean someone visit the forums try randomly to login and then complains somewhere because he got cookies.
No, it's not illegal in any way. If they don't have an account, they shouldn't be trying to login anyway.

When they try to login, all it stores is the amount of login attempts.
(2012-08-10, 06:04 PM)Vernier Wrote: [ -> ]No, it's not illegal in any way. If they don't have an account, they shouldn't be trying to login anyway.

When they try to login, all it stores is the amount of login attempts.

Okay, Thanks for the support.
Pages: 1 2