MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MafiaForums.net - [MyBB mafia game]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
MafiaForums.net - [MyBB mafia game]

A year or so ago i had this idea and put it into motion but i decided to drop the project as i didn't understand the fundamentals of MyBB at the time.

I started up the project again a couple of weeks ago and have the basics down.

Completed:
  • Hospital.
  • Travel.
  • Bank.
  • Black market.
  • Warehouse.
  • Theft.

Working on:
  • GTA. (Working on this now.) Picking the cars is the hardest part.
  • Garage. (Pretty much done just waiting on GTA)
  • Hacking.
  • Search and kill.
  • Family/Gangs.
  • Missions.
  • Gambling.

How it works:
Post or commit crimes to get money and rank up. Travel around to make it harder for users to track you. If don't like someone then you can search for them and kill them or when gangs are added put them on the gang hit-list.

Tell me what you think of it.
It's sounds really original, I like it Smile

I think you should maybe brighten the theme up a bit though.
So typical mafia game ported to MyBB.
Could be really cool ^^
In my opinion the genre died a long time ago, but this is something original and not the 100000x time a kid uploaded a bugged source and called it a self made game.
(2012-08-09, 06:34 PM)Ansem Wrote: [ -> ]So typical mafia game ported to MyBB.
Could be really cool ^^
In my opinion the genre died a long time ago, but this is something original and not the 100000x time a kid uploaded a bugged source and called it a self made game.

Yeh its pretty much that. Hopefully people will like it and i don't think the genre is fully dead yet but its nearing the end but as you said this is still basically a forum with a game ported into it.
People could kill eachother over opinions or posts, you could give a money bonus for posts.
Either way, atleast people will communicate ( it's a forum )
(2012-08-09, 04:42 PM)Ewan Wrote: [ -> ]It's sounds really original, I like it Smile

I think you should maybe brighten the theme up a bit though.

I normally would go for a lighter theme but with this for im going to more of a underworld crime style so pretty much darker colours.
Once this is done you should release this as a premium plugin for mybb. An RPG like this has been in high demand among some of us MyBB users for a while now. From what I've seen you're doing a great job with this.