MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Private Threads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2012-10-18, 03:48 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Memberlist.php uses the autocomplete function - that should do it. I am NOT sure if that is a scriptaculous thing though Toungue

That i know Smile

But more wondering if there is anyway to do this in newthread.php
I have a textarea and if somebody would input a name it should do the same as a mail adress in outlook does Smile

Type in:

an > popup with people who have those letters at the start of their name.

Only think its not possible to do this in any easy way inside of a textarea.
Well, you need the field to populate the "list" - so the select from X using autocomplete and then click it so it populates a list which is then the allowed users.

The BCC in private.php does this - but that is pulling the data from the buddy list - maybe that is an option.

1) Add users to buddy list
2) Select users
3) Populate. It is using the pm datahandler though, so you would need to look into that.

Is it ideal? No. Is it exactly what you are looking for? No. Is it a start point? Yes.
It's important, for my purpose that the password protected thread rejects users to enter the thread unless they type the correct password. The rejected user cannot see the content inside the thread.

I actually revived this thread thrice (when it's completely dead) because it's almost exactly what I wanted, too, and I thought better if two users request for this plugin, more likely we'll get notice and see it accomplish.

So I hope I would be able to use and benefit from this plugin as well.

I will benefit greatly if user can see a password edit button for thread creator to manage. The password thread will be a place to keep user's' history data to prevent cheating when they're predicting/foreshadow/making guesses as detectives. They'll reopen their thread for other participants to view, later they'll rename a password so the thread can be reuse.

At the very minimum, I need it to be hiding the content completely from people that didn't knew the password.
(2012-10-20, 07:31 AM)Deadite Wrote: [ -> ]It's important, for my purpose that the password protected thread rejects users to enter the thread unless they type the correct password. The rejected user cannot see the content inside the thread.

I actually revived this thread thrice (when it's completely dead) because it's almost exactly what I wanted, too, and I thought better if two users request for this plugin, more likely we'll get notice and see it accomplish.

So I hope I would be able to use and benefit from this plugin as well.

I will benefit greatly if user can see a password edit button for thread creator to manage. The password thread will be a place to keep user's' history data to prevent cheating when they're predicting/foreshadow/making guesses as detectives. They'll reopen their thread for other participants to view, later they'll rename a password so the thread can be reuse.

At the very minimum, I need it to be hiding the content completely from people that didn't knew the password.

What you want is a lot easier then what i want Toungue

You could simply echo out an error template with an input box. If users correctly type in the password do some other things. And you would already have it working.

What i need more or less is a way for users to see the content but not be able to post, unless they:

A - input their password (input box on new reply/below quick reply)
B - are among the users allowed to post in the thread.

Havnt worked on it the past few days but that is what i was aiming for. The only thing is you need so many ifs and else. Just to make all the options workable.

So thats why i have been thinking of making it easier for myself. Like posted before. Would atleast for me do the same thing.
You could achieve this using xThreads, disabling only access to the thread page but without affecting other ways to find or get previews or portions of messages either by using viewing the thread list, the portal, or using the search system, as well as any other method.

Edit: (Nor the print or archive system.)

Yes, seems too limited, but could be enough for somebody already using xThreads.
Pages: 1 2 3 4