MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Unused User Groups
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to remove unused user groups? I can only see how to edit them but not remove. I'm using v1.1.5 at the mo, is there an option in the latest release?

Thanks
The groups listed below are the defaults, and you cannot remove them. They all have a purpose, so deleting one could screw up your board.

Unregistered / Not Logged In
Registered
Super Moderators
Administrators
Awaiting Activation
Moderators
Banned

Custom usergroups can be deleted by using the "Delete Usergroup" option in the drop-down menu. Smile

[Image: b8zpbjh0-delete_group.png]
I have 16 User Groups at present but do not use 6 of them, there is no option for me to delete any of the existing user groups Undecided

I've renamed the ones i dont need to "unused #1, unused #2..." etc so they are just sitting there. I know they do no harm, would just be nice to remove them so setting forum permissions is less work Smile
I think the problem is, i have converted my forums from IPB so all the user groups got put into the default section, therefor i cannot delete any of them Sad
Ah, OK... that makes sense.

I'd recommend using phpMyAdmin or the database tool of your choice to go into the usergroups table and set the "type" field to "2" for all the groups you want to delete. Then MyBB should let you delete them via the Admin CP.
Thank You, problem solved Smile