MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Unable to connect to MySQL server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i couldnt get on my website at all today... because of this error... i dont even have alot of people visiting my site as im just starting it up a few days ago and i got this error.

MyBB SQL Error

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1203 - User xth_11158426 already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections

Query:
[READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server

i contacted my host about this errors and they replied with..

Hello,

This means that the maximum amount of open connections for your account has been reached within a short time period. This could be due to bad coding / bad plugins that do not close a MySQL connection when the connection is no longer needed.

Please check your software / plugins or consider the premium plan to avoid such issues:

http://www.xtreemhost.com/plans

the recent plugins i added was new points / new points shop, game section.
could any one help me at all...
Yes, they would say that. From the message they provided you with, it seems you are on either a cheap or free host who limit the number of MySQL connections to quite a low number. It's entirely a problem with your host.
(2012-08-11, 10:17 AM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, they would say that. From the message they provided you with, it seems you are on either a cheap or free host who limit the number of MySQL connections to quite a low number. It's entirely a problem with your host.

they suggested me to buy there premium hosting witch is ipage. so i did so. i told them if they could transfer all my data and what not to the new host but they said they

We're having issues with the backup of your database as it appears you're reaching the max_user_connections limit for free clients:

--
Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: User xth_11158426 already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections in /home/vol13/xtreemhost.com/xth_11158426/htdocs/test.php on line 77
Could not connect to the server 'sql306.xtreemhost.com'

User xth_11158426 already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections

We will try this again in a few hours as this is a soft limit which resets automatically.

they now replied to me with....

We will take the backup and import it in your ipage account. The database has already been created.

We only still need to import the content of the database based on the backup.

Our senior admins will take the backup and import it in the next hours.
Well hopefully they can complete it. They don't seem to be the most competent of hosts though as they could simply have dumped the DB via the command line and got round the max_connections issue.
(2012-08-12, 10:28 AM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Well hopefully they can complete it. They don't seem to be the most competent of hosts though as they could simply have dumped the DB via the command line and got round the max_connections issue.

Yea they completed it after a couple ours of that day. Didnt take long . everything fine now.