MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: TTINNO - Thread Titles and Static Links in Next Newest/Oldest
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Plugin Info:
Name: TTINNO - Thread Titles (and static links) in Next Newest/Oldest
Description: A plugin to show thread titles and link statically to those threads in Next Newest/Next Oldest.
Author: Polarbear541
Version: 1.1
Compatibility: 1.6.x
Files: 1 (1 plugin file)
There are no database changes in this plugin.
There is one template change to the showthread template

Information:
This plugin allows you to include a thread title next to the next newest/next oldest links. It also allows you to link to those threads statically (i.e. directly to the thread) rather than through showthread.php if you wish.

Install Instructions:
Upload ./inc/plugins/ttinno.php to ./inc/plugins/
Go to ACP > Plugins > Install & Activate
Then the Next Newest/Oldest links at the bottom of a thread will contain a thread title. Disable static links if you wish in the settings.

Update Instructions (1.0 -> 1.1):
Uninstall the old version by going to ACP > Plugins > Uninstall
Upload the new plugin ./inc/plugins/ttinno.php to ./inc/plugins/
Install the new version by going to ACP > Plugins > Install & Activate
Disable static links if you wish in the settings.

Change Log:
1.0 - First Release
1.1 - Setting is now in Show Thread Options and links are no longer hardcoded (get_thread_link used throughout)

Download: http://mods.mybb.com/view/ttinno-thread-...ks-in-next
Bugs and Suggestions: https://github.com/Polarbear541/ttinno/issues
Thanks for accepting my 'challenge'Smile . Please I will like to achieve this customization in with it

1. Remove the Next Oldest and Next Newest so the Topic and the link will remain.

2. Remove the search thread function so the Next oldest and Next newest (Topics hyperlinked) will only bee in the table so it will look like this

Mybb is the best forum script on earth ¦ Thanks to Mybb

And nothing more there. Below is my Image for clarification

[attachment=27047]

Once again, thanks for the plugin
really nice plugin mate
sorry for this off-topic but how you installed the custom theme on your ACP Smile ?
http://mods.mybb.com/uploads/previews/15...inno-2.png
I am using custom theme and it works like charm Toungue
(2012-08-11, 09:11 PM)wanchope Wrote: [ -> ]1. Remove the Next Oldest and Next Newest so the Topic and the link will remain.

Sure in the showthread template find and remove both $lang->next_newest and $lang->next_oldest Smile

Also on line 105 and 129 of the plugin change them to
$ttinno_next = $nextthread['subject'];
and
$ttinno_next = $nextthread['subject'];

You'll need to do the above to remove the hyphen Smile

(2012-08-11, 09:11 PM)wanchope Wrote: [ -> ]2. Remove the search thread function so the Next oldest and Next newest (Topics hyperlinked) will only bee in the table so it will look like this

Remove {$search_thread} from the showthread template Smile

(2012-08-11, 09:36 PM)illusionalp Wrote: [ -> ]really nice plugin mate
sorry for this off-topic but how you installed the custom theme on your ACP Smile ?
http://mods.mybb.com/uploads/previews/15...inno-2.png

Thanks and in your ACP goto Preferences then choose Sharepoint as your ACP style Smile That comes with MyBB by default ^_^.
100% Achieved. Thanks.
No problem, glad you're finding my plugin useful Toungue
Good job Polarbear, seems to work perfectly! Thanks for this Smile
I hope you allow constructive criticism to your plugins.
  • Do you really need a full settings group for one setting? Why not inserting it under the show thread page settings group?
  • You should use get_thread_link(); to create the link url instead of hard-coding the common (but not always used) dynamic url.
(2012-08-11, 11:58 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]I hope you allow constructive criticism to your plugins.
  • Do you really need a full settings group for one setting? Why not inserting it under the show thread page settings group?
  • You should use get_thread_link(); to create the link url instead of hard-coding the common (but not always used) dynamic url.

Ah I obviously forgot to mention instant bans for any criticism Toungue Joking of course.
Thanks for the pointers and will address those in the next version. Smile
Pages: 1 2 3