MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Original Forums- A General Discussion Community
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi,

I recently created Original Forums. A place where anyone can go to chat about games,movies,coding, and anything else really.

I'm going to be adding lots of new cool features in the near future such as a currency and a shop to buy things for yourself like coloured usernames etc...

We are in our early days and we're looking for members to get use kickstarted Smile

Staff positions will also be open soon when we get more active.

What are you waiting for?

Join Today! Smile

[Image: wKrdV.png]
Why have the stats at the top if you have them at the bottom too? I'm assuming the stats at the top are meant to blend into the thead? They don't - you should fix that. Also, I'm not sure why people constantly try to crack into the general discussion niche. Lastly, what makes "Originalforums" original?

> Your subscribe button image doesn't work either.
> Remove the unneeded text shadow everywhere as well.
Thanks for the feedback.

I'm going to make a unique currency system soon where people will be able to buy things for their account, so that should make it more original. I'll also get a custom theme developed when the site kicks off a bit Smile

I'll need to fix the buttons.
You do know that using newpoints isn't original? Hundreds of MyBB forums already use it.

Think of more 'original' features.
Indeed. I hope you mean something different when you say "unique currency system".
I'm also thinking of creating a forum leaderboard system and challenges for users to complete such as make 100 post in a month or something like that and they can get rewarded for it. As I said, it's in it's early days Smile
(2012-08-11, 06:01 PM)Ewan Wrote: [ -> ]I'm also thinking of creating a forum leaderboard system and challenges for users to complete such as make 100 post in a month or something like that and they can get rewarded for it. As I said, it's in it's early days Smile
So basically like a posting contest that goes on forever?
Yeah, I'm not a fan of the stats... Like Anxiety I assume you were trying to make it look like they're tabs coming out of the top of the .thead but they don't really look that way because of the colors. Right now it just looks like you wanted to put the IPB-style statistics in the header and had some spacing issues.
How about if they post 100 times in a month, they can go over to your house for a BBQ or something like that?
Have you considered removing the shadow effect on your index page's last post column? It seems to blur in too much. It's legible, but it's a bit hard to read sometimes.
Pages: 1 2 3