MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Default Registration Group
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When a user signs up for the first time they are by default put into my guests user group. Is it possible to change this so new registrations join the member group instead?
not possible to change default group new members fall in to?
Sye Wrote:When a user signs up for the first time they are by default put into my guests user group. Is it possible to change this so new registrations join the member group instead?

Your guest usergroup? When a user(by default) signes up, they are a member of the Awaiting Activation group, then after they activate their account they are moved to the Registered.

If you want users to to immediately in the Registered usergroup, use the following.

ACP -> Board Settings -> Change -> User Registration and Profile Options

Then set Registration Method to Instant Activation.
Christian Wrote:
Sye Wrote:When a user signs up for the first time they are by default put into my guests user group. Is it possible to change this so new registrations join the member group instead?

Your guest usergroup? When a user(by default) signes up, they are a member of the Awaiting Activation group, then after they activate their account they are moved to the Registered.

If you want users to to immediately in the Registered usergroup, use the following.

ACP -> Board Settings -> Change -> User Registration and Profile Options

Then set Registration Method to Instant Activation.

yeah i have instant activation on, but when a new user signs up they are put in the wrong group. Something to do with importing from ipb i guess. Just wondering whether i can change the id's of 2 groups in mysql so they fall in the right group