MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Interesting merge problem, impacting counts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So..I merged a MYBB board to another MYBB board with a new domain.

That was a success....

However, I did a few test runs...and each time I simply deleted forums and started again (if I didn't it would create duplicate forums).

So forum looks great, works great....all is well.....EXCEPT.....the counts of posts per user and threads, etc...is about 5 times what it should be.

I suspect this is because while I deleted the forums..the data stil exists (and this is where the recoun & rebuild pulls from.

SO...what do I do? I know when I merged most recently...is there a way to delete the old data from the database by timestamp?

Any help is appreciated.
Anyone have any ideas?
Have you tried running the recount and rebuild tools via the ACP? ACP > Tools & Maintenance > Recount & Rebuild > Recount User Post Counts

EDIT: Also, moved to Merge System support.
I did...but I think because I merged a few times (to test) and simply deleted forums..the posts exists in the database. I need a way to delete them off the database....

Also, thanks for moving the thread.
Hm. Have you ran all the recount tools? IIRC, posts are deleted alongside forums though I may be completely wrong. If not, the only way I can think of sorting the issue is to delete posts manually via phpmyadmin - I'll try throw together an SQL query if the above doesn't help to find posts in invalid threads/forums if possible.
Wasn't able to...is it possible to get a plugin that finds dupe threads, and deletes one? The URL was the same, but it added a 5 digit number to the end of the URL on the duplicate....

Gets more interesting....when I search old threads....you see the duplicates in the search results and can visit both threads (that are dupes)....but...when I pull it up in MyPHP....I only see one when I search for keywords that match the subject of the thread. Any ideas?
One more bit here. If I respond to the posts that were from the orginal merge....you wont see them on board...as if there are 2 boards. How do I get rid of the old posts..and the 'phantom' posts?

Example:

http://www.fieldchatter.com/forum/Thread...bet--72660

http://www.fieldchatter.com/forum/Thread...-a-new-bet
Anyone able to help?
how did you delete the extra forums? deleting a forum from the ACP forum management deletes all the threads and posts.
(2012-10-10, 01:40 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]how did you delete the extra forums? deleting a forum from the ACP forum management deletes all the threads and posts.

That's how I did it....and for some reason...some must remain I suppose.