MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Xenforo 1.1.3 to MyBB 1.6.8 ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi as per the title, is it possible to convert xenForo 1.1.3 to MyBB. Plz Note I dont wanna such answers that its possible:
  • via xenforo > SOme compatible Forum > MyBB

Because i already have an IPB Site and i didnt found any compatible forum yet. so say if u know the proper, instead of making much Load on MyBB Server.
Help will be appreciated.
Money is no problem. i can spare some bucks also.
I'm not entirely sure there are any forums with XF importers just yet (at least, there aren't any free ones) so you'd likely need somebody to write a new module for you.
Any news?
There still aren't any modules. As I said above, you'll need to get somebody to write one.
It's under dev as far as I heard.
Hi,

Migrating from XenForo would be hard in this case, as the passwords use sha256 with sha1 encryption methods, depending on server functionality.

As I've seen no popular forum software out there actually has a merge script. Possibly due to the nature of the complexity of the passwords etc.

I think a good solution would be to possibly custom-code a migration script that can verify that the password is correct that will re-write it in the database.

I'm sure the forum posts etc could be copied across with the users.
(2012-08-30, 04:39 AM)Kickerbat Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
Migrating from XenForo would be hard in this case, as the passwords use sha256 with sha1 encryption methods, depending on server functionality.
Nice Confused
The passwords don't matter at all. Even if you couldn't make them work (if XenForo uses a hashing algorithm of their own creation which you can't duplicate due to licensing issues - sha1/256 is standard so no issue), you could just email everyone a new password and be done with it.

Unless XenForo does something very proprietary, all that's needed is someone who writes a converter really. (I won't do it - it's annoying work and just not worth my time, sorry).
Or just do what we currently do with the loginconvert plugin used by the merge system.