MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Site Screwed Up by Upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I finally decided to upgrade to 1.6.8 from 1.6.7 and it's pretty much left my site split between the default MyBB theme and the custom theme I have installed.

For some reason, the minor upgrade has upended my entire site and even when I used my backup in phpMyAdmin the site could not be accessed because it was prompting me to upgrade?

Is there a way to either fix my theme or a way to circumvent the upgrade error if I choose to use my backup? Thanks.

You can see here,

www.planetarysanctum.com
Did you edit the default theme to be your custom theme? If not, then try making the default theme the default, and then switch back to your custom one in the AdminCP.
No, the custom theme is completely separate. I tried switching them back and forth. No luck. Thanks, though!
Hm that is strange then, have you ran a tables check and made sure that your custom theme isn't using the same templates as the default theme?
Yes, I have. Just not sure how this could have happened. No other update has caused this before.
Site is now in maintenace mode, but I am still experiencing these problems. The temporary theme that is up now is for maintenance only and is not configured for full site use.

Again, does anyone know how I could bypass the upgrade when I restore a backup?
Did you make a copy of the old theme before you upgraded by chance or no?
If so just re-import it, if not then try to contact one of the MyBB staff since this is a very strange issue that I've never seen before.
Bumping this one more time before I contact a support team member, I don't want to add to their PMs until I absolutely have to.

Here's a recap:

My site's theme seems to have broken after an upgrade to 1.6.8. The problem is that this is a pre-made theme, but I and another admin have made a number of customizations. What seems to have happened is that the theme combined with MyBB's default theme. In other words, things look BAD. I currently have a maintenance theme up, but I need help either circumventing the upgrade or fixing my theme problem. Thanks!
if you like, you can PM me a temp account with ACP access and the name of the theme you want to to be fixed and I can look at it. You may not know me, but my rep is good.
Unsure if this is your problem, but try going by all of your style sheets and save them (no need to edit them), then go to your forum and reload the page, this will update all of your css files.
Pages: 1 2