MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: can this be done?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

Any notifications for this?

What i am after is a plugin that sends an email to the member after a reply has been made or thread.

Is there anything like this?

thanks
Steve
There's no problem for this. There's already a feature where you can subscribe to the thread and get an email notification per reply on a thread.
(2012-08-13, 10:34 PM)whocky Wrote: [ -> ]Hi

What i am after is a plugin that sends an email to the member after a reply has been made or thread.

thanks
Steve

in my understanding if the user subscribes to the post they get IEN
Hi

I am aware that if someone subscribes to a thread then they will be emailed when there is a reply. What i am after is a plugin that will send an email out to that member if there is a reply regardless of them been subscribed.

Hope someone can help

Thanks
Steve
Why not just force users to be subscribed? Would be far easier than building a whole new plugin.
(2012-08-14, 10:33 AM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Why not just force users to be subscribed? Would be far easier than building a whole new plugin.

This. And please re-consider what you're up to. I personally wouldn't register in a place where I'm forced to receive emails for every reply even without subscribing.
(2012-08-13, 10:40 PM)MYBB GHOST Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-08-13, 10:34 PM)whocky Wrote: [ -> ]Hi

thanks
Steve

in my understanding if the user subscribes to the post they get IEN

I have no idea what you mean by IEN. You can choose an option if they want an email notification or not.

(2012-08-14, 11:39 AM)Aashik Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-08-14, 10:33 AM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Why not just force users to be subscribed? Would be far easier than building a whole new plugin.

This. And please re-consider what you're up to. I personally wouldn't register in a place where I'm forced to receive emails for every reply even without subscribing.

I agree, people would find it annoying and people might stop visiting your site. I would recommend you not to do this.

How could you do this for signatures?
The main reason behind this is they receive an email about anyone who has replied to their thread, even if they forget about the thread they posted it would remind them when they checked their emails.

It isn't something i was going to add to any of my forums but it was something i was looking into to see if there was a plugin.
(2012-08-14, 04:02 PM)ChocCookieRaider Wrote: [ -> ]

How could you do this for signatures?

Depends what exactly you mean to do. Enable the signature in all posts for all users or what?