MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Remote avatar not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If i try to add a remote avatar in Mybb 1.2 i get the error:
The URL you enterd for your avatar does not appear to be valid. Please ensure you enter a valid URL.

If i do the same (also same avatar url) in Mybb 1.1.8(same server) its working fine.
I am using the same settings in both mybb installations.
Do i miss something?
Are you entering a valid url? Toungue
Yes i tried with a lot of urls. i also tried http://community.mybboard.net/images/ava...ourage.jpg but still same error.
Can you PM me a link to your board?
Tikitiki Wrote:Can you PM me a link to your board?

PMed it!
Bump. Did you received the PM Tikitiki?
Can you upload this file onto your webserver, run it with your web browser, enter a URL of an image, and copy the result and paste it here as a reply?
Warning: getimagesize() [function.getimagesize]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in /home/****/public_html/mybb/getimagesize.php on line 11

Warning: getimagesize(http://community.mybboard.net/images/avatars/courage.jpg) [function.getimagesize]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /home/****/public_html/mybb/getimagesize.php on line 11
Width:
Height:
Type: 

So yes it has something to do with the server settings but in mybb 1.1.8 the remote avatar function is working.
What do i need to change in the php config to enable url file-access?
It's a server issue. You'll have to ask your host to enable it (although they probably won't). If they've disabled URL wrappers, they should have provided you with access to CURL libraries. I think there is some code on php.net that should help you (I remember a user comment about it?).
But if the above problem is the case, you shouldn't be able to do version check?
I think CURL libraries are installed. I can find this in phpinfo:

curl
CURL support enabled
CURL Information libcurl/7.15.3 OpenSSL/0.9.7a zlib/1.2.1.2 libidn/0.5.6

The version check isn`t working just you mentioned. Last week it was working but my host reinstalled the server so i think they forget or changed a setting. Gonna send them an email. What do i need to ask my host to enable (name of module or something?)

EDIT: My host told me they (temporily) turned url wrappers. Now my question is if i can use the version check and remote avatar in a other way.
Because the remote avatar is working in Mybb 1.1.8 on my server is it possible to use some code of the old way.
Any help is welcome!
Pages: 1 2