MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Changing Language Variables?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't know if this should be here or in Internalization. Undecided

I changed the language variables on my site to be a bit more friendly - namely the ones that appear in Quick Phrases - the Registration Agreement and the No Permissions Message.

I inserted a few lines, added a link or two, but now the damn links won't go away.

You see, I tested the new links, and they all referenced my site's main URL. MyBB is in a folder called "forum", and they were pointing to "seabtech.empirehostings.net". I tried just removing them. It wasn't that easy.

I rechecked, and they were back. So I tried again. They were back. I tried once more and, instead of checking, I went straight back in. They were back.

How the heck do I get rid of them?
Bump? Does anybody know?
Try - though this is drastic - uploading a new language file to your FTP from a MYBB download. It will delete all your changes in ALL language files though I think Sad
I fixed this problem. It's not a very elegant solution, but what I did was hardcode the values into the templates. I'm also skipping the registration agreement.