MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Facebook Like Popup Box
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey...!

I want to create this popup for my mybb forum.
http://www.kakiheboh.com/likebox-fbfan-p...CrjGqDv3CN

But the problem is that, it only works with Blogger.

Whenever i Copy paste the Generated code to my Tempelate>Header under this line:-
<hr class="hidden" />

It always shows this error.
"The following errors were encountered:
A potential security issue was found in the template. Please review your changes or contact the MyBB Group for support."

Anyone have the solution....??

OR if someone can create such code plx do so, i'm tired of googling :s but found Nothing...
My requirements are:-
Whenever a guest/member visits any page (Index.php or any interier link/thread) of my site, the popup shows up,the user should like the page on fb to show content of the page, if user don't want to like our page, then he has to wait for few seconds that i specify.
One more thing, as user click on "Like" button, popup should disapear,and will not come back again,until he dislikes our page.

Thanks in Advance...!

Waiting for Yaldaram's positive response Smile
You can't include PHP in templates. You should use Facebook's own code.

http://developers.facebook.com/docs/refe...gins/like/

The implementation you are trying to use is very bad.
Thanks @brad-t

I have included Fb Like system,
But my requirement is,

Whenever a guest/member visits any page (Index.php or any interier link/thread) of my site, the popup shows up,the user should like the page on fb to show content of the page, if user don't want to like our page, then he has to wait for few seconds that i specify.
One more thing, as user click on "Like" button, popup should disapear,and will not come back again,until he dislikes our page.
You're asking them to like a Facebook page in order to view the content on their website? Not only is this HORRIBLY user-hostile, this may actually be against Facebook's TOS.
Agree !! You don't force somebody to like your Facebook to view your content.

Have it so its a button on postbit or something like that. Let the user click the button if they want to like the page.
I do wonder what the users who dont use facebook are going to do then Angel *hits CTRL+W*
Actually this is pretty common, and it doesn't force to like it, you can either close, or wait for a timeout. It also would use cookies to which expire only after a long time (a month or forever if you prefer). So the same person will see it only once. It doesn't hurt to press the close button. And you might increase you facebook page likes a lot.

And tou can also show this popup only at certain days, to boost your page likes....

It would be nice to have a plugin that does this...
(2013-11-09, 06:06 AM)blogantinom Wrote: [ -> ]Actually this is pretty common
Just because lots of people do it doesn't stop it being a horrible idea

(2013-11-09, 06:06 AM)blogantinom Wrote: [ -> ]And you might increase you facebook page likes a lot.
And you'll also get lots of people who will close the tab and never visit your site again.
Also note that using Facebook likes is a pretty bad metric to judge the success of something by, mainly because Facebook is only going to show the content of your page to people who it's algorithms think will engage with the content, so people who like the page just to get the annoying popup to go away aren't likely to ever see the posts you make anyway.