MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: ZEJ Roleplaying - <insert slogan here>
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: logo.png]
(Terribad logo by me.)

(NOTE: Before I continue, I realise I should put it on directories and stuff -- haven't gotten around to it yet. Also, I go by a different name there and am the head admin -- look for posts by Dark.)

Jesus, it's been a long while since I've posted one of these. Anyway, down to business.

ZEJ Roleplaying is (obviously) a play-by-post roleplaying forum that me and a few friends (who the site is named for -- the three original admins.) have been working on for a few years now. It doesn't matter if RPing isn't exactly your thing -- we also have other things to talk about in Misc. Conjectures and the staple of all Internet forums, the Forum Games area.

Just some stats to humor you guys with:

Our members have made a total of 11,282 posts in 667 threads.
We currently have 86 members registered.

A link for those who don't want to click on the logo: ZEJ Roleplaying

I'd love some feedback on where to go from here.
Too many sections.
(2012-08-15, 11:20 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]Too many sections.

The moment I saw your user title, I saw that one coming. Gonna talk to Eebit about folding the affiliates into one forum with the links as subforums. Looks better anyway.
Sub forums is like putting a plaster on herpes, it might look better, but they will still be there.

You just need to condense is down massively, else the majority of those sections will be dead which sets the wrong image to potential new members. I always say, each section you add, the more pressure you receive.
* le bump.

Anyone else?
The affiliate forums are just links, right? How about using a footer or sidebar "widget" to display them instead of displaying them as forums themselves? If they are actually forums on your board, though, I actually think the subforum idea is a good one. BUT you need to lose all the other subforums you have.
Too many sections is right indeed.
I brought this up in the admin room -- what should we condense?
Hide the banned member area and the archives (just set the permissions to where the pertinent usergroups can see them). Personally, I'd move the general discussion forum under the Random Jazz category, fits better there imo. Leave the roleplay boards as is. Although, you might want to move them so that one is immediately after the other. EG: The Lobby, one roleplay, two roleplay, Random Jazz.