MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: how do i turn off email
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i want to completely disable email sending on my forum. this also includes the email i get whenever i get a private message.
/Moved to General Support.
no one on the whole forum knows how to do this???
Email confirmation

Go to ACP>Configuration>Setting>User profiles and registration option>Change the email to auto activation or whatever it is.

PM

Usercp>Edit Options>uncheck "Notify me by email when I receive a new Private Message."
is there a way to make the

Usercp>Edit Options>uncheck "Notify me by email when I receive a new Private Message."

unchecked by default?
(2012-08-21, 12:22 AM)fjam Wrote: [ -> ]is there a way to make the

unchecked by default?

I don't think it's possible via ACP, but maybe you can run a SQL query.
oh too bad i dont know how to do that :/
(2012-08-21, 03:32 PM)fjam Wrote: [ -> ]oh too bad i dont know how to do that :/
No need to be sarcastic (Excuse me if you weren't)
Go to your web hosts control panel -> phpMyAdmin -> Query -> Copy and paste into the text box ALTER TABLE mybb_users CHANGE pmnotify pmnotify INT(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' -> Go If your still unsure visit this tutorial
(2012-08-21, 05:59 PM)JordanMussi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-08-21, 03:32 PM)fjam Wrote: [ -> ]oh too bad i dont know how to do that :/
No need to be sarcastic (Excuse me if you weren't)
Go to your web hosts control panel -> phpMyAdmin -> Query -> Copy and paste into the text box ALTER TABLE mybb_users CHANGE pmnotify pmnotify INT(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' -> Go

I agree, we are here to help him plus for FREE and he is showing us attitude. We aren't his servants, the reason why I couldn't explain further was because I'm not good with SQL Queries.
....i wasnt being sarcastic 0.o
Pages: 1 2