MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: WarForums.net
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'd like to share with you my newest project:
http://warforums.net

It's a community forum based on real wars discussion, military strategies and weapons.
While many will argue that wars are evil and unnecessary, they are and always have been a part of human nature, and imho ignoring them will not make the world better. So while they still exist, improving our knowledge in the subject can always be useful.

So check out the site, and if you like it feel free to join and grab one of those sexy early join dates Smile. Staff members will also be needed soon.

Feedback is always welcome, so feel free to post your opinions here, both positive and negative. I'm always looking for ways to improve my work.
Seems your website is blocked in Saudi Arabia, where I am currently accessing it from. Might be some humor in that.

Anyways good luck with WF Crow. I'm sure you'll do great with it.
(2012-08-17, 11:26 PM)BlackChaos Wrote: [ -> ]Seems your website is blocked in Saudi Arabia, where I am currently accessing it from. Might be some humor in that.

Anyways good luck with WF Crow. I'm sure you'll do great with it.
Heh, I wonder why it would be blocked, since it got launched only today...
And thanks BlackChaos, I hope I will.
I think it would be a good idea to choose a different theme from Wizard Forums. Perhaps a camouflage-like theme? I don't think the current theme suits the niche.
I agree with Nathan. Even if you don't prefer a camo style theme, perhaps something green or darker. I really dont feel as if the current theme fits in with the forum's environment.
(2012-08-17, 11:51 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]I think it would be a good idea to choose a different theme from Wizard Forums. Perhaps a camouflage-like theme? I don't think the current theme suits the niche.
I'd use a camouflage-like theme, but it would associate too much with modern warfare. I'd like to maintain a theme that's neutral to the type of warfare (ancient or modern).

(2012-08-18, 12:20 AM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]http://i.imm.io/AZ8x.png
phishing attack?
Does Kaspersky give any additional info? Cause all WF uses is a fresh mybb installation with a bunch of unmodified official mybb plugins...
Did you register the domain yourself or did you buy it from someone else? Because I doubt newly registered sites would have this problem.

Plus there are other war forums out there and not blocked in this country. So something fishy must have gone on with that domain.
(2012-08-18, 08:19 AM)BlackChaos Wrote: [ -> ]Did you register the domain yourself or did you buy it from someone else? Because I doubt newly registered sites would have this problem.

Plus there are other war forums out there and not blocked in this country. So something fishy must have gone on with that domain.

I registered it myself. Now I wonder, what if someone has had it before, pointing to some illegal site? They could've forgotten about it, and I could've bought it after it expired, no?
A reason plus to doubt this is when I tried to make a google adwords campaign, it rejected the site saying it has "pharmacy related content".
Apparently it's quite an old domain.

http://wayback.archive.org/web/*/warforums.net
Pages: 1 2