MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: hiding a category
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am helping someone code a forum, and she wants to use a map for her in character boards. (Its for a roleplaying game.) Anyway she wants the In character boards to be hidden. Is there a way I can hide a certain category but still allow people to post in the boards if they have a link to the boards inside that category?

This is a screenshot of the board http://i46.tinypic.com/24fb9si.png where my mouse hovers over a link on the map, it should link to a board inside the hidden category. Is there a way I can do this? Thank you!
I'm not quite sure where is your problem: hiding the forums or linking to them?
If you just want to hide a category/forum you could easily do that through:

ACP > Forum & Post > Click on Options of the category > Edit category > scroll all the way down and simply remove the ability for certain user groups to see the category.
I think if you only hide the category but still let users see the content of the forum. It would work, but not sure.
That didnt work sadly =/ Just tried it.

And lovely, I want to hide a category so its not seen on the main forum but still be able to be posted in if someone has the link to the board
AdminCP > Templates > Your theme's templates > Forumbit Templates > "forumbit_depth1_cat" > and wrap the entire template code with the this;
<div class="hidden_cat_{$forum['fid']}">
... TEMPLATE CODE GOES HERE ...
</div>

Now add the following class in global.css;
.hidden_cat_X{
display: none;
}

Replace X with the Forum ID of that Particular Category.
It's also pissible by simply creating hidden forum and inside of it - visible forum (hide forum using view permissions).
If you hide a forum, you cant post in it. Yaldaram, wont that hide all the categories though? I just want to hide one.
It just hides the category you specify as X , where X is the ID of that category.
OMG. ILY. LOL THANK YOU!!