MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't login -> internal server error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have just installed MyBB RC4, and when I go to the forum, I can see everything until I login...
When I login, I get the message that I am successfully logged and after there is an
"Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request"

I know that the problem come from the mybb[passwrd] cookie, when I delete it, I can see the forum but I am not still connected...

I can login in at /admin/index.php and the cookie seems to be the same.

Is anybody knows what happens? Sad
I have created a new user, and he can loggin.
Just the first account (administrator) can't login.

I confirm, when I change any account to administrator, he can't login anymore.
And when I re change the account to user, he can login.
ok, so it shouldn't be the cookies, um, answer these:

Are your username and password exactly as you put them in the install??
Did you run the entire install process??
Was there a period where it didn't do this or did it start doing this the first time??
Have you install any mods?? If so, does it work if you get rid of them??
I have done a clean install and I have put my username and password exactly because I can login with administrative account directly in /admin.
I run the entire install process with no error message.
I have never been able to login from the beginning.
I have not install any mods.
Do you have access to your web server error log? It should contain an error message from the internal server error.

If possible, too, could you private message me the URL to your forums as well as the username and password that isn't working so I can test i.
I put the forum in my provider's server, so I can't see the log. Sad
I will send an email the ask them if they can give me the server logs for my site.