MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Console Game Forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi!
I have recently created a new console games community forums.
This forum is not for pirating , I just want to make it for game talking, console game reviews, cheats, mods, tutorials, chat etc.

Please suggest me any idea about my forum design, theme, plugins and how to get more visitors to join & register.
I know mybb is not for future big forums software. But in the beginning time I would like to do this things by free content management systems such as mybb , wordpress (like my main website). So, I want to get much more members to cross commercial forum "vbulletin" and transfer the whole database. Because I havent earn any money by my forum yet. When I earn, I pay commercial systems and designs.

So, if you want to just review and suggest new things , improvements please reply to this thread. If you want to come and join our staff please let me know you are enthusiastic person.

My main website is : www.isodownload.org and is 1 year old.

My forum site (this is what I want to get reviews and to show everybody): www.isodownload.org/forums is just 1 week old

All of your replies would be appreciated!
not a big fan of the colors
but good luck mate Smile
Yes colors are not great because I want to make it in order to plain looking. So, I need a template master to apply great looking for my forum.
My avast anti virus gives me a warning when i access your forum. How come?
You should really change your buttons.
(2012-08-20, 06:19 AM)isodownload Wrote: [ -> ]I know mybb is not for future big forums software.

Why do you say that? MyBB is perfect for pretty much any solution as it is lightweight yet easily extendable. Several EA games boards use ByBB.
(2012-08-21, 03:35 PM)Heartless Wrote: [ -> ]My avast anti virus gives me a warning when i access your forum. How come?
My main website has infected by trojans in the past. So, avast has got that definitions and still not lift the prevention.

(2012-08-21, 06:09 PM)Xanth Wrote: [ -> ]You should really change your buttons.

Which buttons?

(2012-08-21, 06:25 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-08-20, 06:19 AM)isodownload Wrote: [ -> ]I know mybb is not for future big forums software.

Why do you say that? MyBB is perfect for pretty much any solution as it is lightweight yet easily extendable. Several EA games boards use ByBB.

Vbulletin is mostly stable. Because vbulletin developers work hardly for better security, coding and in order to good theme looking. It is attractive than mybb I think...
(2012-08-21, 07:43 PM)isodownload Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-08-21, 06:25 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]

Vbulletin is mostly stable. Because vbulletin developers work hardly for better security, coding and in order to good theme looking. It is attractive than mybb I think...

MyBB is stable as well, and as soon as we are notified of a security issue we fix it right away. We have been know to issue a new release within hours of knowing of the problem. Themes have nothing to do with the quality of the software; MyBB is one of the easiest softwares to make a theme on. Our default theme is merely something to build off of; we don't want a theme that is super complicated that will confuse new designers. Our 1.8 theme is pretty yet simple.
Paul H. I mean Vbulletin is powerful. Mybb is imperfect.You are not able to show me a lot of popular & big forums which is using mybb software. Because they dont want to contend spammers and bad behaviors.
But I can show you a lot of big forums in vbulletin. Vbulletin is also looking attractive and engaging more people to join & discuss something . That is why I will change my forum and transfer my database to commercial forum software called "vbulletin".
(2012-08-21, 06:25 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]Several EA games boards use ByBB.

Damn, thought they used MyBB. Sad
Pages: 1 2