MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [REQ] Hide Hack
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Why should we encourage the use of hide hack if it might get abused?
Who's encouraging it? Why does anyone care if it's abused? I guess that's what I can't understand! If people don't want to see the hidden text, they don't have to post!!! It won't stop people from abusing the forum some other way! Like I said, let admins run their own boards as they wish! I for one wouldn't abuse it...but what if I did? If people didn't like it, they could stay away from my forum.

Like my forum is a writer's/reader's board. Maybe I want to post spoiler info on one of my stories, and I warn the member that they should only post if they want to ruin the surprise? Or post a link to one of my stories, that they can read for free, IF they post! How else can I do this, if the hide hack isn't updated???? Other then creating private boards, which I have!!
CraKteR Wrote:Why should we encourage the use of hide hack if it might get abused?

Virtually anything can be abused, even MyBB itself. If some warez sites decided to use MyBB as their forum, so that means MyBB has been abused, and there's no point in continuing the development of MyBB anymore?

I think the hide hack has a variety of applications, it is hardpressed saying it's only used in warez forum. After all, if they were into piracy and that kind of thing, wouldn't they use vBulletin, IPB or other commercial forums instead?
Common guys.. Its not for any warez site.. And btw there were Hide hacks before & what happend.
Was MyBB abused ???
hi !

I would like this hack too for my (test) board. it's not a warez board...
I have to say that I very much agree with the sentiment that it's not a Dev's business what their software is used for. If someone wants to install MyBB and use it for warez, that is the responsibility of law enforcement authorities, not the devs of MyBB or any of its mods. It's not anyone's place to say "I'm against X thing because I don't want it to be used X way." If people want to use a Hide Hack to trade warez, that's their business. You shouldn't assume guilt, really.
my board isn't a warez board... it's just a marilyn manson's fan website.
Well said, Galen! Big Grin
Pages: 1 2