MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: the biggest thing you ever downloaded off the internet?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
* Tom K. wonders if it is from wikileaks Toungue Because that is a large file...
(2012-08-23, 04:25 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]Oh I might be a female!
:O
I always had a sneaking suspicion ...

For me, it was definitely Finale. Well, that's not completely true. The .dmg file wasn't big, it was everything after I unpacked it that took up a ridiculous amount of space. And it was a legit version, not torrented. I've never downloaded a torrent, believe it or not. Nor have I ever downloaded anything larger than 50MB, at the very most. At least, when it's compressed.
(2012-08-23, 06:25 PM)Odin of Aesir Wrote: [ -> ]I always had a sneaking suspicion ...

For me, it was definitely Finale. Well, that's not completely true. The .dmg file wasn't big, it was everything after I unpacked it that took up a ridiculous amount of space. And it was a legit version, not torrented. I've never downloaded a torrent, believe it or not. Nor have I ever downloaded anything larger than 50MB, at the very most. At least, when it's compressed.

Torrents aren't always illegal. I've never illegally torrented anything, but always use a legal torrent over HTTP if it's available.

For me, probably a couple of server backups at around 100GB. After that probably games.
My steam library is about 100gb, so of I downloaded a backup of that... Smile
I tried to download Wikipedia once. It cut out at around 17%.
How many pages did you get?
Well my cousin was downloading a MMORPG file and it took haf of my GB space (789 GB turned to 67GB)
(2012-08-23, 07:28 PM)Odin of Aesir Wrote: [ -> ]How many pages did you get?

It was an archive so I couldn't check for sure but I would assume at least a few million.
For work: 5TB. Yay For T1+ lines Big Grin (Still took near two weeks.)

For personal: If we are talking at once... That last steam sale... If individuality, I think I've done 10 gigs.

Edit; Nevermind, Just rememered the largest. A bunch of friends and I searched for the largest highest quality "Adult" film you could find.

It really was good quality. The acting was poor.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5