MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: when will 1.8 release? Ane few question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
when will 1.8 release?
And what will be the changes?
What would be new?
Does 1.6 plugins will still work? Even themes
1. When it is ready.
2 & 3. http://blog.mybb.com/2012/04/03/mybb-1-8...roduction/ and http://blog.mybb.com/2012/07/11/mybb-1-8...ly-update/
4. That only the team can answer, but it will be easy to update plugins and themes to work with 1.8 if they don't work.
(2012-08-20, 05:42 PM)rzoneph Wrote: [ -> ]when will 1.8 release?

It will be released when it's ready. There is no set date.

(2012-08-20, 05:42 PM)rzoneph Wrote: [ -> ]And what will be the changes?
What would be new?

There's an on-going tour on the blog which shows the new features of 1.8. A new blog post should be coming soon providing even more information.

(2012-08-20, 05:42 PM)rzoneph Wrote: [ -> ]Does 1.6 plugins will still work? Even themes

Plugins should work just fine. Themes will most likely need some work to get them working with 1.8. 1.8 is a larger upgrade to the 1.x series than 1.6 was.
Quote:There's an on-going tour on the blog which shows the new features of 1.8. A new blog post should be coming soon providing even more information.
What is soon? Two weeks? A month? Two months?

I'm just hungry for some more information. 1.8 will be an exciting release.
The blog post will be posted when it is ready.

Toungue

The blog post is scheduled for later this month Smile
Quote:The blog post will be posted when it is ready.
That's the first part I saw, and I was about to rage.

Quote:The blog post is scheduled for later this month Smile
Later this month isn't long from now, considering it is the 20th.
[Image: Valve%20Time.jpg]
(2012-08-20, 09:59 PM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]Later this month isn't long from now, considering it is the 20th.

I actually finished drafting it this morning.
Quote:when will 1.8 release?

Soon™

Quote:I actually finished drafting it this morning.

Any sneakpeak whats in it? Please Toungue
@anori - I laughed so hard at that. What we could do to have some fun is make a hidden docs page for "When it's ready". Then, when the staff post, the parser links to the page. Hahahaha.
Pages: 1 2