MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I messed up - Please Help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys, I've recently bought a .com domain for my forum..
Before I just used my hosts (000webhost.com) free domain. Now I wanted to put my forum over to the .com domain, so I downloaded all the files from the forum (via FTP) created a new FTP for my .com domain and uploaded the old forums files there.
Now to the problems, when I first tried to go onto my new domain it gave me SQL error 1045, I looked up at google and saw it was SQL login details so I created a new SQL for the new domain and it was all good...
Then I tried to go on to the website again, but a new SQL error came this time it was SQL Error 1145. I'm completly lost here what I have to do guys??

Thanks in advance
-WeN
you need to get the database from the old host.

if you still have your old hosting account, create a database backup via the MyBB ACP (at minimum) or from your DB/host control panel (better), then you need to copy that backup from your old host to the new one, extract and import the backup into a new DB on your new account.
(2012-08-21, 01:04 AM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]you need to get the database from the old host.

if you still have your old hosting account, create a database backup via the MyBB ACP (at minimum) or from your DB/host control panel (better), then you need to copy that backup from your old host to the new one, extract and import the backup into a new DB on your new account.

This then go to your config.php file and replace the old mysql user credentials with the new mysql user details.