MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change the gravatar system
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Actually the gravatar system use the avatar pages to change if an email account is added, but why not add the option to set by default the gravatar and put a checkbox called "[-] Use gravatar" like the plugin made by frostschutz
So rather than having a text box which allows administrators to set a path to a default avatar (as it is currently in 1.8) we have an extra option that decides to use the default Gravatar icon?
I'm not sure I was clear there; Gravatar is not used by default in MyBB 1.8. The user must add it as an option by entering their Gravatar email when changing avatars. The 'default avatar' option is there to provide a fallback where a) the user hasn't added an uploaded avatar and b) the user hasn't chosen Gravatar or remote URL.
I think he is suggesting to replace the textbox where you have to enter the Gravatar email address with a checkbox that fetches your account's email address and uses that to get Gravatar working.
(2012-08-21, 07:15 PM)Fábio Maia Wrote: [ -> ]I think he is suggesting to replace the textbox where you have to enter the Gravatar email address with a checkbox that fetches your account's email address and uses that to get Gravatar working.

I vote against that, seeing as my gravatar email sometimes differs from my email I used to sign up. Perhaps a checkbox that autofills your account email into the textbox?
(2012-08-21, 07:19 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-08-21, 07:15 PM)Fábio Maia Wrote: [ -> ]I think he is suggesting to replace the textbox where you have to enter the Gravatar email address with a checkbox that fetches your account's email address and uses that to get Gravatar working.

I vote against that, seeing as my gravatar email sometimes differs from my email I used to sign up. Perhaps a checkbox that autofills your account email into the textbox?
And has property readonly=readonly.
Honestly don't see the benefits of auto-filling the box. If the user doesn't use Gravatar, or wants a remote URL, that is nothing but a hindrance. It should be an option, not a default behaviour.
if the user doesn't use Gravatar show the blank space... the gravatar only change if the user upload an avatar, put an url for your avatar or check the box (not use gravatar for this website)
No; we're not making Gravatar default behaviour for MyBB.
I think it is a neat option to have gravatar support built-in, I use the existing Gravatar plugin and I am very happy with it.

I agree with Tomm - it should be an option for users, not another hardcoded thing that has to be worked around by admins.