MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Looking for SEO and Meta tag help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I got all the SEO stuff installed properly but want some advice on good meta tags and where to put them and such to get a good SEO. Is there a tutorial on this stuff even with the new penguin stuff going on? Please help
Go to your ACP>Styles & Templates>Templates>YOUR THEME>Index

Add the following between your <head> tags.

<meta name="keywords" content="mybb, help, community, tutorial"> 
<meta name="description" content="MyBB Community is a place for help."> 

Replace the keyword and description to your liking.
Ok cool. Is this also where <title> is? I read that is one of the top ten things missed in SEO is leaving the Title blank...
MyBB never leaves blank title tags. Also, the above post about inserting meta tags in the header template is wrong. That way would cause the same meta tags to be used site wide. The best thing to do is install the Google SEO plugin for dynamic metastatic for threads and forums then edit the index template to add your meta info there.
Well where should I put it in the index template? The title tags are pretty much blank if you don't change it to fit your theme and topic of your forum... right?
It should be before the closing head tag "</head>". Titles are already set and really shouldn't need to be modified unless you really want to.
(2012-08-21, 06:50 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]MyBB never leaves blank title tags. Also, the above post about inserting meta tags in the header template is wrong. That way would cause the same meta tags to be used site wide. The best thing to do is install the Google SEO plugin for dynamic metastatic for threads and forums then edit the index template to add your meta info there.

the 2nd post does not say anything about entering the meta tags in the header template unless someone edited it to say index.
Hm. I'm sure it did but it may be that I just skim read it and made a mistake. It happens, especially when on a mobile.
(2012-08-21, 08:46 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Hm. I'm sure it did but it may be that I just skim read it and made a mistake. It happens, especially when on a mobile.

no worries. you had me scratching my head there so I went and looked where my meta tags were located...lol
Lol I was about to say why did he say header when I said Index.
Pages: 1 2