MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: i got hacked.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2012-08-23, 12:15 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Very unprofessional attitude from a host.

Quote:MyBB is not safe, we recently were attacked by hackers. Please be patient until we make sure this doesn't happen again. You websites are safe, our server was not affected in any way.If you havething to say, you can mail me [email protected] Thank you for your cooperation. ~Linux

I am really surprised that this user still hasn't got the support denied

UPDATE:

OH the irony
Quote:

We are sorry for the downtime. Recently our forum was defaced by hackers, which,we think, was a result of SQL injection .

HostMafia is an offshore web hosting company,which respects and care for its clients.

So currently we are moving the forum and its content to Invision Power Board (IPB) . All your websites are secure and safe.

You may need to reset your passwords after the conversion is finished. Because of this, no websites will be suspended this month due to lack of posts.

Thank You-

~Linux ([email protected])
it was not mybb vulnerability.

Most likely it was shell jumping. There have been many instances of it recently on various sites.
if the hackers have hosting account with same host company that you have, they upload a shell script, and if the public_html folder is readable, they read the configuration file, and than can connect to the mysql database and edit it.

We have made public_html perms from 755 to 711 .

This topic can now be closed.
Move To A Secured Server

Mybb Will Always Be The Best
You owe the MyBB team an apology and you need to explain your mistake to your users.
And get off from your rude attitude. You blamed like anything to MyBB, 95% of times, the mistake or fault lies within the server or own misconfiguration itself.
I never blamed mybb, i just asked for support. Why ask here? because i was using mybb.
Dont start flaming.

After investigating, i found the cause of that deface, and shared it with you as well as with my forum members.

It was not mybb's fault, but my server had a configuration, which allowed hackers to upload malicious files, the process is known as shell jumping (Google That). No critical or important data was lost, it was just a deface.

i asked for support here hoping maybe someone may point out some security loophole and i can fix that.

The whole thing was solved within 24hours.

If i may have been appear as rude or disrespectful to mybb, i am sorry, that was never the intention.
(2012-08-23, 07:54 PM)HostMafia Wrote: [ -> ]I never blamed mybb, i just asked for support. Why ask here? because i was using mybb.
Dont start flaming.

After investigating, i found the cause of that deface, and shared it with you as well as with my forum members.

It was not mybb's fault, but my server had a configuration, which allowed hackers to upload malicious files, the process is known as shell jumping (Google That). No critical or important data was lost, it was just a deface.

i asked for support here hoping maybe someone may point out some security loophole and i can fix that.

The whole thing was solved within 24hours.

If i may have been appear as rude or disrespectful to mybb, i am sorry, that was never the intention.

seriously? you post that "MyBB is not safe" and that you are moving to IPB because of it and you think that is not blaming MyBB for your server's configuration? Are you not supposed to be a hosting company? Reseller or not, you should know better.
(2012-08-23, 07:54 PM)HostMafia Wrote: [ -> ]I never blamed mybb, i just asked for support. Why ask here? because i was using mybb.
Dont start flaming.

Quote:MyBB is not safe
~Linux
I reported this thread asking it to be closed/removed. he is no longer using MyBB so this is all moot.
(2012-08-23, 08:11 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]I reported this thread asking it to be closed/removed. he is no longer using MyBB so this is all moot.

i did it several times, DAYS ago but you know how the staff here is.... Sleepy
Pages: 1 2 3 4