MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MySkins.org : Quality Custom and Premium Mybb Theme Studio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Here's my opinion on your design.

It's seemingly unfinished. I'll go from top to bottom:

1. "Welcome Guest ! Please Login or Register" is unaligned. Also Login is a different color to show it's a link, yet the more important link Register is hardly any darker than the default text color.

2. Hovering your top links (Home, Forums, etc) shows icons that are misaligned with the text beside them.

3. The search box container is wider than the search is at any time. Also the advanced search link icon is bad quality. When you click on the search box, the background color sticks out and looks unpleasant.

4. Your breadcrumb transitions the background color of the main link, but not the triangle. This looks outright bad. Not to mention the shadow on the home link is too white, it should be lightened.

5. The scrollbar is bad as well, can't even use it hardly.

6. Then I just get lost in large images with badly rendered text while struggling to scroll down your page, and leave your site. xP

Needless to say the design of a designer's website sent me packing early.
Looks quite unaligned with 1024x768 resolution, especially header and footer.
Sorry but I never said anything before, I didn't like your design before now it just look pretty worse. I agree with all the points Eric said, he brings a lot of good ones.

Pretty bad combinations of colors, and your website has no directional focus. You have so many shades of blues, one for the text "announcement", one for hover, one for the active state of the search bar and one for your breadcrumb. The slider images are rendered horribly, as if you made them small but just put the width to a percentage so it scales with the monitor. Scroll a bit down and you see a HUGE purple rectangle, but oh... the breadcrumb as rounded corners, keep your design consistent man.

The icons on your menu are so blurry and pixelated, it's not appealing at all. The announcement box height is completely different from the one on top, why? It's not appealing, it looks like a flaw in design just trying to fill up space. On the icons on top of the bottom Announcement box you have different set of colors there too, there is nothing that puts your whole website together.

On your footer, having the text adjusted to the left, center, and right, is not a good design practice, you either stick with left or right. The credit line font, not a good choice. The border of your breadcrumb contrasts badly with the blue on your home icon and why use a black icon with a 1px white line? It looks WAY off. That red when you hover on your stats on the forums is horribad, seriously man it does nothing to enhance your forum.

There is a useless 3rd box under your breadcrumb, what is it for? to just fill more space? And at the bottom of your forum it looks like you just gave up. The buttons don't go together with the theme either.

Overall your forum/website looks very messy and all over. You have no directional focus and your design doesn't flow.
(2013-02-01, 03:19 AM)FullMetalBabe Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry but I never said anything before, I didn't like your design before now it just look pretty worse. I agree with all the points Eric said, he brings a lot of good ones.

Pretty bad combinations of colors, and your website has no directional focus. You have so many shades of blues, one for the text "announcement", one for hover, one for the active state of the search bar and one for your breadcrumb. The slider images are rendered horribly, as if you made them small but just put the width to a percentage so it scales with the monitor. Scroll a bit down and you see a HUGE purple rectangle, but oh... the breadcrumb as rounded corners, keep your design consistent man.

The icons on your menu are so blurry and pixelated, it's not appealing at all. The announcement box height is completely different from the one on top, why? It's not appealing, it looks like a flaw in design just trying to fill up space. On the icons on top of the bottom Announcement box you have different set of colors there too, there is nothing that puts your whole website together.

On your footer, having the text adjusted to the left, center, and right, is not a good design practice, you either stick with left or right. The credit line font, not a good choice. The border of your breadcrumb contrasts badly with the blue on your home icon and why use a black icon with a 1px white line? It looks WAY off. That red when you hover on your stats on the forums is horribad, seriously man it does nothing to enhance your forum.

There is a useless 3rd box under your breadcrumb, what is it for? to just fill more space? And at the bottom of your forum it looks like you just gave up. The buttons don't go together with the theme either.

Overall your forum/website looks very messy and all over. You have no directional focus and your design doesn't flow.

Agreed.

Envira, why do you put the heaviest of box shadows on every single element on every single design...?
(2013-01-31, 09:47 PM)Eric J. Wrote: [ -> ]Here's my opinion on your design.

It's seemingly unfinished. I'll go from top to bottom:

1. "Welcome Guest ! Please Login or Register" is unaligned. Also Login is a different color to show it's a link, yet the more important link Register is hardly any darker than the default text color.

2. Hovering your top links (Home, Forums, etc) shows icons that are misaligned with the text beside them.

3. The search box container is wider than the search is at any time. Also the advanced search link icon is bad quality. When you click on the search box, the background color sticks out and looks unpleasant.

4. Your breadcrumb transitions the background color of the main link, but not the triangle. This looks outright bad. Not to mention the shadow on the home link is too white, it should be lightened.

5. The scrollbar is bad as well, can't even use it hardly.

6. Then I just get lost in large images with badly rendered text while struggling to scroll down your page, and leave your site. xP

Needless to say the design of a designer's website sent me packing early.

(2013-01-31, 11:38 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]Looks quite unaligned with 1024x768 resolution, especially header and footer.

(2013-02-01, 03:19 AM)FullMetalBabe Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry but I never said anything before, I didn't like your design before now it just look pretty worse. I agree with all the points Eric said, he brings a lot of good ones.

(2013-02-01, 03:32 AM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]

Agreed.

Envira, why do you put the heaviest of box shadows on every single element on every single design...?

Thanks Eric for suggestions,
Rest all thank you,
regards
You have a lot of potential Envira. Keep working on subtlety. Good luck!
I agree with audentio. The header of your website is very impressive, I especially like the logo.

It looks like your website used to be organised and structured beautifully and then someone sneezed causing some things to become misaligned and out of place.

Something I learned thanks to this community is that designs have to be pixel perfect. For me there was always that "one little thing" which I wasn't sure needed touching up because it was so insignificant. But believe me, when you start treating every little aspect of the design as importantly as you treat the design as a whole, you will find it looks a lot better. I hope I'm making sense. Keep up with the good work, as Mike said you definitely do have potential.
(2013-02-01, 12:21 PM)ESR360 Wrote: [ -> ]Something I learned thanks to this community is that designs have to be pixel perfect. For me there was always that "one little thing" which I wasn't sure needed touching up because it was so insignificant. But believe me, when you start treating every little aspect of the design as importantly as you treat the design as a whole, you will find it looks a lot better. I hope I'm making sense. Keep up with the good work, as Mike said you definitely do have potential.

This definitely.

I remember reading somewhere you said that you didn't create mockups of any of your work. Giving that a try would definitely show some improvement imo. Elements won't feel so loose and random, and you can fix it up before moving it to code.

Just a suggestion. ^.^
(2013-02-01, 07:14 AM)Audentio Wrote: [ -> ]You have a lot of potential Envira. Keep working on subtlety. Good luck!

Thank you Mike Smile. i will surely work on it Smile

(2013-02-01, 12:21 PM)ESR360 Wrote: [ -> ]I agree with audentio. The header of your website is very impressive, I especially like the logo.

It looks like your website used to be organised and structured beautifully and then someone sneezed causing some things to become misaligned and out of place.

Something I learned thanks to this community is that designs have to be pixel perfect. For me there was always that "one little thing" which I wasn't sure needed touching up because it was so insignificant. But believe me, when you start treating every little aspect of the design as importantly as you treat the design as a whole, you will find it looks a lot better. I hope I'm making sense. Keep up with the good work, as Mike said you definitely do have potential.
Thank you buddy,
i am working on certain aspects Eric pointed out,
I am having exams lately, so i couldnt concentrate on edits.
I'll do them asap, once i finish my exams,
regards
Just to let you know, your site and skins look messy in a 10 inch laptop.
Header links doesn't works
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14