MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MySkins.org : Quality Custom and Premium Mybb Theme Studio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
(2012-08-22, 07:27 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]No, those aren't the rules. The official spelling is MyBB. It is what is used on this site and on all official materials. You can't apply grammar rules that way to a branded name.

Quote:neither do i care

That is not official, its how we write it up. But there is NO RULE that states it should be written like that. Its simply a way of writing everybody got used to after x amount of years.
No dude. MyBB is its name. Not Mybb. Not My BB. Not MyB.B. It's MyBB. It's written like this at every single official source there is. This is so ridiculous, I can't believe you would try to have such a worthless argument with me. BB is an acronym for Bulletin Board -- that's why it is capitalized.
(2012-08-23, 01:35 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]MyBB is its name. Not Mybb. Not My BB. Not MyB.B. It's MyBB. It's written like this at every single official source there is. This is so ridiculous, I can't believe you would try to have such a worthless argument with me. BB is an acronym for Bulletin Board -- that's why it is capitalized.

Doesnt make it a rule though now does it? No?

Thank you.
No, nobody has ever come out and said, "this is a rule on how to write MyBB," probably because the official spelling is really evident. Thanks for this great conversation, AnOrI.
Sorry, Anori but Brad is right.
@brad : Thanks professor for your comments.
@op : tldr

This aint some English Tutorial class.
Well dont hijack this thread.
Yet another clean theme from you Doc. Glad to see this finally Opened.
For the Portal Page, I suggest you replace Those Lorem Ipsum text with Orginial content as they look a bit unprofessional. Other than that I don't have anuthing to suggest, everything is just great!

I wish you good luck with this. Smile
The theme is nice, not my style but nice. I agree on polishing up the site a bit (the lorem ipsum) but the site seemed to take forever to load and on Opera and my elderly computer the frontpage slider did not render properly and I had to reload to see it. Not a good start.

I think that an important part of being a theme designer is not only to deliver sites that look nice but perform well. Just as an FYI, you are loading jQuery twice.

You are not utilizing the Google CDN which I think is a must for sites that decide to use two javascript libraries. The jQuery cycle plugin (I used to use it but got rid of it) is also available on the Microsoft CDN. That is at least 3 files you can get from another location which should speed your page loading. Although I agree it is a matter of personal choice whether you host locally or from an established CDN it is something I would recommend to most small sites. After all, if Google is down then the INTERNET is probably down << small exaggeration Big Grin
(2012-08-23, 07:58 AM)Anurag M Wrote: [ -> ]Yet another clean theme from you Doc. Glad to see this finally Opened.
For the Portal Page, I suggest you replace Those Lorem Ipsum text with Orginial content as they look a bit unprofessional. Other than that I don't have anuthing to suggest, everything is just great!

I wish you good luck with this. Smile

Thank you Anurag.

(2012-08-23, 08:09 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]The theme is nice, not my style but nice. I agree on polishing up the site a bit (the lorem ipsum) but the site seemed to take forever to load and on Opera and my elderly computer the frontpage slider did not render properly and I had to reload to see it. Not a good start.

I think that an important part of being a theme designer is not only to deliver sites that look nice but perform well. Just as an FYI, you are loading jQuery twice.

You are not utilizing the Google CDN which I think is a must for sites that decide to use two javascript libraries. The jQuery cycle plugin (I used to use it but got rid of it) is also available on the Microsoft CDN. That is at least 3 files you can get from another location which should speed your page loading. Although I agree it is a matter of personal choice whether you host locally or from an established CDN it is something I would recommend to most small sites. After all, if Google is down then the INTERNET is probably down << small exaggeration Big Grin

Thank you Leefish for the suggestions.
I am waiting for the custom theme owners who bought theme from me to give their testimonials.
But then i cant show case a blank box,so i added the lorem ipsum thing.It will be solved in a couple of hours.

Regarding the jQuery thing i think i now rectified it as i added it again in a few custom pages i made.
I will look into this and make possible changes Smile

thanks a lot for making me know what the problems are. Smile
(2012-08-23, 04:09 AM)envira Wrote: [ -> ]This aint some English Tutorial class.
Well dont hijack this thread.

We're not hijacking your thread. We're giving you feedback. And now here's some more:

I really like your designs, and I considered contacting you about a custom theme when I was looking for one. As I've said, I think the logo you use on your themes is too big, but I know you have a smaller one now, too, so that point is moot. However, after seeing your attitude in this thread, I would never, ever want to become a customer of yours. Why?

1. You have been rude to potential customers in this thread.
  2. Your site is unprofessional (even if it does look nice).
  3. You don't take criticism well. I doubt a custom theme would be what the customer wants; it will surely be what you want to make instead.

Your website, even more so than most others, is a business. We are providing you with free business consulting. You should be welcoming our assistance. If you can't handle criticism, you should have said "no reviews" in the original post.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14