MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Alien-Space
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
OMG...the green alien face is terrible! I SO liked the other background better...but then that's my opinion (so please don't ask for comments, if you don't want them)! Big Grin

And you can't only go by IE. Alot of people *myself included* use firefox now! Though I've never heard of the browsers messing up black and white before! Though I just looked at it with both and am amazed how different it is. I can't help but wonder what coding you're using to make it look so different in those two browsers!
Ozidave Wrote:I just had a look with FireFox and I see what you mean.... Get FireFox to fix it.. Wink Or use IE..

The copyright message is clear for all to see using IE...

I don't use FF and installed it just for this test.. So all of the 'Other' browser users will have to put up with what they get. Toungue
You should go for Firefox when you make themes as FF has proper CSS support, IE does not Wink
judel Wrote:OMG...the green alien face is terrible!  I SO liked the other background better...but then that's my opinion (so please don't ask for comments, if you don't want them)!  Big Grin  

And you can't only go by IE.  Alot of people *myself included* use firefox now!  Though I've never heard of the browsers messing up black and white before!  Though I just looked at it with both and am amazed how different it is.  I can't help but wonder what coding you're using to make it look so different in those two browsers!

It's the standard MyBB code and .css but I will have a look at as CraKteR suggested... It's probably something that can be fixed.. Smile

The "Green" Alien isn't staying... I left it there to annoy everyone.. until I find a more suitable pic.

The problem with the "Hubble" space pics are that they all appear to be grainy which is to be expected I suppose. Sad
CraKteR Wrote:You should go for Firefox when you make themes as FF has proper CSS support, IE does not Wink

The reason the text was black with FF is because there is NO .css table /span class wrapping that line... So it would be black in ALL templates.

It's a MyBB Default theme problem that needs fixing... Toungue

I've since patched the alien theme footer with some attributes.. Just for FF.. Smile
There is. An id in an div.
#copyright { color: #000000; background-color: #ffffff; text-align: center; }
Wink
CraK,

You're losing me brother... Wink

Black on a white bg.. Wouldn't it be better to give that line some class attributes.. ??

I recall reading a thread here where some were giving someone a "Hard Time" over the copyright not being visible in the template they were using (Dark) Until the poor b**** was run in circles and accused of removing it. Sad

The footer needs some fixed <span class attributes, as it may help to stop the vigilantes from picking on some poor cow who happenned to use a dark theme... Toungue

And enough on this who's not doing the right thing as far as displaying the copyright.. The footer attributes need to be altered, that's the real fix... Wink

FF doesn't even seem to be able to center the text in the footer the way it is at present without additional coding... which I added. Smile

Spare me the bull*...

Use Maxthon
That was just an example 0.o You may change that line as you want. an id is like an class! It's exactly the same! The only difference is that you can only use it ones!
...fixed <span class attributes.... not needed. As I said, you have the div id..
And a div table within div tables within div tables.. after other div tables..

I moved the copyright blog to the base of the template because FF used it as a huge "Break" between the text lines.. Sad

And all of this because FireFox doesn't interpret the code in the footer.. Sad

Now can we get back on-topic about alien-space... ??????????????????
well, going by what you've changed since last i looked, I wonder at the wisdom of putting the shout box on every page!? That's a lot of scrolling down for someone who might not care about it! Just an observation! I'm glad you put the space background back. I like that, though now you can't see it as much due to the shout box! Especially since it's not fixed anymore! Sad
Hi Jude,

The page is fixed with IE... I had a look at it with FF and sure enough its floating.. and I'm not sure if that's a FF thing or not.

Re the shoutbox.

I don't have a test site... that's what my site is. It can be paced anywhere on any page etc.. I just stuck it on the guest and index pages to test the permissions.. That's what I have to do..

I'll be moving it to the default theme / template to integrate the css attributes to MyBB default style, when I have all of the Admin / Editor functions and permissions working correctly. Toungue
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5