MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum streching
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yeah, I'm not sure where this should go but I have reduce my forums size to a main table width of 800px. That is fine everywhere till you go to post a new reply. The problem seems to be with the attachment area, it is responcible for the strech, see picture attached. Is this something that can be fixed by a template mod. or is this just a bug that needs to be fixed in the forum programming?
Here is the forums address if you wish to check it out for yourselves. http://vgc.theglassprison.net/board/
Thanks for the help!
A <br> tag may be missing, but I'm not so sure myself. My opinion.
You could change the text on the add attachment button to say just add.

You can do this by changing this in the post_attachments_new template by changing

value="$lang->add_attachment"

to

add

or change it in the mybb global.lang file located at inc/languages/english

find

Add Attachment

and change to

Add

That can work too, but I can see there needs to be a <br> tag somewhere in that template. I wonder what else is in store...

We have two ways to work this problem.
You have three ways to fix it. Best and probably eaisest it this:

Admin CP > Templates > Modify/Delete > *template set * > post_attachments_new > Find:
size="40"
and change to
size="30"
or
size="20"
or whatever fits nicly in 800x600

Or you can do what Darren suggested, change Add Attachment to just add

Or as Marth suggested, Admin CP > Templates > Modify/Delete > *template set * > post_attachments_attachment_postinsert > and at the very beggining add:
<br />
I edited the template with your suggestion and it did work out. Thank you.
Thanks very much!