MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: UID problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, before few days new users had uid like 1346, 1347 etc. i don't know how that happens but if you know solution for that problem, please tell me.

Second, i was manualy editing uid from phpmyadmin, when i was done, users that i changed uid in posts are "Unregistered". They can login, post, acess to chat but can't other things...

Solution to fix that?
I was forgot to backup database Sad

Update: one "Unregistered" member has posted new thread, and come back to old (great). But how i can do that with all users?
Thanks.

Update: but it showing to have only 1 post (have 13)
You shouldn't no have edited UIDs directly from the DB, there are many places that use the unique ID to identify users. The best solution would be to return them back to their original UIDs.
(2012-08-23, 08:28 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]You shouldn't no have edited UIDs directly from the DB, there are many places that use the unique ID to identify users. The best solution would be to return them back to their original UIDs.

I will, but orginal uids was 13487, 13415, 23134 etc. I dont remember who was which.
So you didn't backup your database before editing it at all?
(2012-08-24, 09:02 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]So you didn't backup your database before editing it at all?

I have backups but before 1month, from that 100 new members came.
I usualy backup before editing, but i was forget this time...

Any chance to fix that with registering with big uid?

Thanks.
Hi,

As you change the SQL var "uid" best fix would be;

Back up your database,
Edit It,
find the users table and find the bit where it says create database users,
then edit the unique to the last user id to fix that issue.

Reverting:
However if you didn't backup prior to you changing the sql UID, your screwed.
Ah, ok that but can anyone tell me how to configure that new registered user dont have uid like 13245 etc.? I didn't touch anything before that, after i was looking for issue but nothing.
Reset the index via phpmyadmin. Go to (I believe) the operations tab of the table and you can reset the auto increment value.
IMO you shouldn't be doing stuff like this unless you know what you are doing in the first place.
Thanks for helping all of you.