MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: College forum- criticize the look
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have decided to get a board for my school. I have been working on this for nearly 2 weeks. I am a newbie in mybb, never knew this before. This is what I am planning to implement on my board:
- Getting a good background image
- Changing category headers background
- More user friendly registration/login form

So, guys, please make your criticism. How does it look? What needs to be changed?

My board is in my sig.

No one? Come on guys, I just want to get your opinion on the look.
The design honestly makes me a little sick. The blue and white just hurt my eyes, because the color randomly changes from blue to white, and it's.. eh. The tabs don't match the color of the forum, and really don't feel right. Your logo feels so old, try and make it look better & have a clear background. Finally, I feel like the design is very cluttered, which isn't a good thing.
I appreciate your words. But, I need some clarifications:

- Where on the board does color randomly changes from blue to white?
- Tabs, you mean forum icons?
- I know my logo feels really old, but I do not know how to make a nice logo, do you any suggestions where to learn from?
- Do you think I should change the container to white?

Thanks
i've taken the time to highlight everything in bright yellow that should be improved

http://i.imgur.com/gfIKl.png
(2012-08-26, 12:00 AM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]i've taken the time to highlight everything in bright yellow that should be improved

http://i.imgur.com/gfIKl.png

The way we look at it very different. Thanks for taking your time and make this surprise. You helped me a lot with this Lightbulb
To be honest. I looks like one of the first forums ever made. It looks to old for my liking. Also, why is the board on a subdomain?
(2012-08-26, 02:27 AM)BrainDeadFreak Wrote: [ -> ]To be honest. I looks like one of the first forums ever made. It looks to old for my liking. Also, why is the board on a subdomain?

I will change the domain as soon as I can. But, I really do not understand how he looks old, to me it looks good. I mean not perfect for sure..Could you please give me some details about how old it looks and how can I improve it. Thanks for the feedback.