MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Permissions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Mybb,

I have concluded that Guest permissions are global and cannot be manipulated as forum specific. Even the plugins fail. 1.6.7 will not upgrade to 1.6.8

Does Mybb care to address my issues?
A little more info will go a long way to help us help you.

If you can explain what exactly you intend to achieve with the forum permissions we might be able to help you set it up as it is possible you are overlooking something that is causing the issues you are having.

As for the upgrade, are you getting any errors while upgrading? Please be more descriptive.
Thank you for replying,

First off, my forum is

It is structured according to local geographical political subdivisions. There are 138 of those subdivisions/forums/usergroups. Example Precinct 203.

I have a public area that is catagory "Fourth Estate" and its respective forums. I want Guest to be able to post. However I do not want that guest to be able to view the threads or post in "Voting Precincts"

I have set and reset the forums permissions as well as guest. I have deleted and recreated forums. I have tried every "GUEST" permission plugin I could find. My conclusion is like SMF the standard (factory) "GROUPS" permissions are global and cannot manipulate permissions according to hierarchy. Sub-forums and Child-forums appear to be the same thing and simply an inaccuracy in naming conventions.

I will tackle the upgrade later, as it is not important if I am going to abandon MYBB, due to permissions (the reason I changed to MYBB).

Yaldaram has solved the issue with his plugin. The permissions are behaving correctly.

thanks,
Glad your problem is sorted out.
Okay, now the problem is my ACP>group>guest>View>Post (deselected). So I ACP>Forum Management>Select Forum (Sheeple Speak)>permissions>View and Post custom (selected), Guest cannot post, as if the first permissiom set is global and "Sheeple Speak" though showing itself changed to Post is overidden somehow?

Something strange since installation the save simply goes to a blank and not an expect success page. However I double check the permissions and they appear to be changed.