MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: "Excluded Usergroups" option in user-pruning.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
God, I pruned 17K members 2 days back who had made 0 posts and while doing maintenance it just came to my notice that some users's username was not being shown on the upgraded members logs that I have so I immediately checked them and around 4 upgraded members were also wiped off in the pruning. I had a user table backup just in case as it was my first time pruning, so I restored those four individually just now from the old users backup.

So what I suggest is that you can give "Excluded usergroups" field in user pruning settings which supports multiple usergroups to be entered, which can be saved from being pruned even if they come under specific criteria, for example, members from upgraded usergroup.
Seconding this. Would make clearing out bots so much easier.
Good idea.
Agree.
too much confusion, everything else in MyBB is the affected groups, so I would recommend the the list be for groups to prune instead of those to not be pruned
(2012-08-25, 05:04 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]too much confusion, everything else in MyBB is the affected groups, so I would recommend the the list be for groups to prune instead of those to not be pruned
Can be either of the way as long as it's included.
(2012-08-25, 05:04 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]too much confusion, everything else in MyBB is the affected groups, so I would recommend the the list be for groups to prune instead of those to not be pruned

What if a user you want to prune is a member of both groups? There should be a way to exclude usergroups. If a member is part of an excluded usergroup, they're not pruned -- no exceptions.
I guess what pavemen was telling maybe can work with how MyBB produces a list of all select-able usergroups:

[Image: 97f593d9c71c4ef0800c193.png]

But yeah, I got what you mean. Above may or should work, I guess. I hope it is included in 1.6.9 , it's relatively small and important thing and 1.8 would take pretty long time for something important like this!
To my knowledge there is no 1.9? I thought it was 1.7 (1.8 DEV) 1.8 2.0, unless you are talking about the 2.0 dev release
(2012-08-25, 06:54 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]

What if a user you want to prune is a member of both groups? There should be a way to exclude usergroups. If a member is part of an excluded usergroup, they're not pruned -- no exceptions.

I can see what you are saying. the wording of the tool would have to be very specific/clear to ensure users understand
Pages: 1 2