MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Different SQL Error Messages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Over the last two days I have received multiple error messages while trying to connect to my forums.

The forum worked fine for a few days, now switches between error messages. Unfortunately I did not save the other error messages, but here is the one I received this morning:
http://prntscr.com/edk2g

I have searched the forums but there seems to be so many different SQL error messages, I could not find one for my particular issues. And most seem to by about plugins. I am not running any plugins, though did download one theme.

Detailed description: Whenever I type in my URL I get an SQL error message. This message has changed at least two times over the last two days.
URL to your forum: massnerderer.beastnode.com/forum
MyBB Version : 1.6 (Downloaded newest version 5 days ago.

Thanks for you help
The error shown in the screenshot means the MySQL server is not accessible, most likely because it is down. You should contact your host when this happens.
Hi,

This is due to MyBB isn't connecting to the MySQL database, check the database connection details.
(2012-08-25, 12:07 PM)Kickerbat Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

This is due to MyBB isn't connecting to the MySQL database, check the database connection details.
I'm unfamiliar with how you would do this?
Hi,

If you look at this MyBB Documentation link: http://docs.mybb.com/Incconfigphp.html#D...figuration

It shows you how to configure your database settings.
It's not an issue with the database configuration. If it was it would state that the the user doesn't have permission to connect to the database, not that it couldn't connect to the server.

It's a host issue which is out of your control. As I stated before, you need to contact your host and notify them of this issue.
(2012-08-25, 12:17 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]It's not an issue with the database configuration. If it was it would state that the the user doesn't have permission to connect to the database, not that it couldn't connect to the server.

It's a host issue which is out of your control. As I stated before, you need to contact your host and notify them of this issue.

Correct, I'm half asleep and didn't see the sock issue. (sorry!)

Ignore my last, it's a internal server configuration, you will need to contact your server host provider.
(2012-08-25, 12:17 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]It's a host issue which is out of your control. As I stated before, you need to contact your host and notify them of this issue.
I will do so. Thank you for your help