MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Merge...again?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm planning a merge from SMF 1 to myBB. I have done it before and I know it works flawlessly. I still have some work to do to merge the templates and set up other plugins that I will need. The initial merge is really there for development/testing. I will need to do another merge after I finish. Is there a good way to do it.

I have seen people mention starting again but that really isn't an option once I have various settings and permissions set. I really just want to be able to reimport users, threads, and posts. Everything else will be stable in the mean time. Is there any way to do this limited merge? I saw a post mentioning certain tables to truncate and running the merge again but that also is a little flawed since it trashed the myBB installation and left it in an unusable state since the merge was unable to complete a second time.
You don't need to email anything to anyone. The Merge System is modular; you can choose what to import very easily. Just run the module for users, threads, posts and nothing else.
bro i tried smf 1 but i faild... try smf 2 they are more sweet than one on merging.... no errors will occur i just tried it earlier