MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hierarchical Tag/Taxonomy/Category Is there any plugin or work around
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After using MyBB for more than a year , this is for the first time I have completely gone wild trying to find a solution for a problem.

In my forum , I publish source codes and solutions to various technical Problems. Now as the site has grown, so is the complexity of managing it. Initially I made forums and sub forums like

Source Code
C#
Java
and posted the articles in specific sub forums. But Each article or code also finds solution for a problem like 'Image Processing' 'Bio-medical Signal Processing', 'Social Networking'.

Each of these further uses some techniques like 'Shortest path Algorithm', Neural Network and So on.

So what I want to do is to place 'Taxonomy' or Tags with the threads.
Such that while creating the thread user can put his own tag ( Ok I am not talking about dynamic Tag Cloud which places N- Number of Tags)

So a thread about Face Recognition could be like following

Face Recognition
in Forum -> Source Code
Language: Matlab
Database: ORL
Technique: Neural Network
Features: Advanced Local Binary Patterns

Such that if user clicks Matlab, he gets all the threads where language is Matlab.

Also user can subscribe to RSS of only matlab.
-------------------------------------------------------------

Kindly Suggest me if any plugin or setting available for this.
For reference site:http://grasshoppernetwork.com
You might want to look for XThreads. It might not be exactly what you want, but close to it.
I actually got the plugin working!

it does:
1) display tag cloud in index
2) Allows threadlist view with tags
3) asks for tags while posting thread
4) display tag in postbit
=============================
eg: http://grasshoppernetwork.com/tags.php?id=Matlab
----------------------------------

I have two issues though

1) how to make an auto complete text box which will be linked to tag table ( like find user text box in ACP) will autocomplete text add too much server load?

2) I want to seriously generate RSS from tags. how to do it.

If any of you can kindly extend a little helping hand, my work would be easier!
what plugins is that i would like also to apply in my forum