MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [split] iTunes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2012-08-25, 10:44 PM)Firestryke31 Wrote: [ -> ]http://i.imgur.com/a71DL.jpg

Cleaned up my desktop a bit more and finally got Rainmeter and made a simple skin for it. I tried to make it look more like it's inset into the desktop rather than slapped on top. Anyone have any suggestions for more stuff to add to it?

Desktop background cycles, but that one looks best with the skin. I'm mad at iTunes for losing half of my album art when I moved my files around for faster boot times Dodgy.

itunes is absolutely terrible

which is probably why i sync my iphone once every 3 months
Spotify ftw and it does support ipods.
Mine just default BackTrack5 desktop, not had the chance to modify style etc due to fresh install Smile
Never understood why Spotify -- a horrific program -- is seen as a better replacement for iTunes which is easy to use and free.
How is it a horrific progoram? Hell the layout isn't that different than iTunes actually. And, Spotify does have a free version. But, I listen to so much music it's cheaper to pay $10 a month for ad-free and I can also then use my phone to listen to in the car.
(2012-08-26, 01:41 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]Never understood why Spotify -- a horrific program -- is seen as a better replacement for iTunes which is easy to use and free.

iTunes would be okay if it wasn't so goddamn slow
I don't know why people complain about iTunes being slow - it never is for me. Not on the family's 8+ year-old desktop, not on the newer desktop, and not on my laptop.
(2012-08-26, 04:17 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-08-26, 01:41 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]Never understood why Spotify -- a horrific program -- is seen as a better replacement for iTunes which is easy to use and free.

iTunes would be okay if it wasn't so goddamn slow

I guess that's a legitimate complaint, it is slower than it should be but it's not unbearably slow on my desktop. Though it's constantly crashing on my netbook, but I just blame the netbook.
(2012-08-26, 04:30 PM)Odin of Aesir Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know why people complain about iTunes being slow - it never is for me. Not on the family's 8+ year-old desktop, not on the newer desktop, and not on my laptop.

I just timed it - 6 seconds from cold. Pretty slow.

The other reason I dislike it is it doesn't seem to retain any metadata windows stores regarding song details. I have to later go in and organize it, even if it's already been done via windows.

It might be fine for Mac users, but the integration simply isn't there on windows.
(2012-08-26, 08:49 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-08-26, 04:30 PM)Odin of Aesir Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know why people complain about iTunes being slow - it never is for me. Not on the family's 8+ year-old desktop, not on the newer desktop, and not on my laptop.

I just timed it - 6 seconds from cold. Pretty slow.

The other reason I dislike it is it doesn't seem to retain any metadata windows stores regarding song details. I have to later go in and organize it, even if it's already been done via windows.

It might be fine for Mac users, but the integration simply isn't there on windows.

This. Plus it always seems to have an update available when it does finally open and actually installing said update breaks my neatly arranged library once more. I'd rather stick to foobar or clementine.
Pages: 1 2