MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Suggestions on starting becoming a theme vendor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've always wanted to get into the premium theme design field of MyBB and other forum bulletin boards. Wondering whether to start an online virtual shop sometime, the necessity of financial stability forced me to quit miscellaneous projects and start producing digital products since I'm now attending college credits of a business major for a little bit, however in Spring 2013 I'm planning on enlisting with the military.

So any advice would be appreciated on features and so forth... I've got the common sense on establishing it, just wondering if you guys have suggestions or something you'd like to see that other premier vendors lack.

[Image: awolthemesneakpeek.png]
You should have uniqueness in your themes. Not just style copying from xenForo or IPB Smile
Originality is key. MyBB needs more original theme designers. It's a shame Jordan L doesn't release more to be honest.
Polish your designs. Don't make them look half assed. Go over and customize every area of the software. Price them competitively yet profitably.

Your designs don't have to be super crazy or anything, but people want to see that you've given them some attention.