MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: possible to have password protected forum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm looking for the possibility to have most of my forum open to the public, but then have one forum hidden/password protected. Is this possible with MyBB?

Also, what about the possibility to have the whole forum password protected where I set the password and only people that know it may enter/sign up?
Yes, you can specify passwords for particular forums. It's right below the Parent Forum option in the Edit forum settings in Forum Management in AdminCP!
Yes - Admin CP -> Manage Forums -> Edit forum of your choice -> Forum Password -> set the password you want
You can either hide the forum or password it with mybb
Sye Wrote:You can either hide the forum or password it with mybb
Have I missed something or what? Both of these things are possible since forever.

Password: Admin CP -> Forum management -> Manage Forums -> Edit forum of your choice -> Forum Password -> set the password you want.

Hide: Admin CP -> Forum management -> Manage Forums -> Click Permissions on The forum of your choice -> Uncheck any checkbox for the usergroup you don't want to see the forum.
Thanks everyone! Smile