MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Send Email Verification !!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Some 1 plzz me with this.. when I change Registration option to "Send Email Verification" the registration completes but there is no Email sent for verification and the users remain Inactive .... Plz provide me solution !!
The emails are probably sent to spam box. Check your spam boxes.
If you are using shared hosting, the email provider may have blocked all emails coming from your IP.
(2012-08-28, 05:58 AM)AvatarX Wrote: [ -> ]If you are using shared hosting, the email provider may have blocked all emails coming from your IP.

That doesn't make sense.

Shared Hosting is normally on external webservers provided by hosting companies. Email providers won't blacklist IP's because it's your IP.

Check Spam/Junk folders, if no solution please check that your SMPT server settings are correct.
Please try the following mail test script: http://docs.mybb.com/Help-Mail.html

If this test says it could not send the mail, or it said it sent but you did not receive any email, even in your spam/trash folder, then the issue lies with your host. If you receive the email from this test, we will investigate the issue further.

AvatarX is correct; mail providers will sometimes blacklist emails coming from certain hosts, like 000webhost or x10hosting. Contact your host if the php mail() test and SMTP maoil don't work.
I think Paul H. meant http://docs.mybb.com/Help-Mail.html
Note to the MyBB team: If that is a MyCode that you were trying to use to link to the docs section on the MyBB website then it needs updating/fixing.
(2012-08-28, 01:41 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]AvatarX is correct; mail providers will sometimes blacklist emails coming from certain hosts, like 000webhost or x10hosting.

Incorrect, They are marked as spam. Services like GMail don't blacklist IP's, they've very good spam detection filters, same with Hotmail, Yahoo etc.
(2012-08-28, 01:41 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]Please try the following mail test script: http://docs.mybb.com/Help-Mail.html

If this test says it could not send the mail, or it said it sent but you did not receive any email, even in your spam/trash folder, then the issue lies with your host. If you receive the email from this test, we will investigate the issue further.

AvatarX is correct; mail providers will sometimes blacklist emails coming from certain hosts, like 000webhost or x10hosting. Contact your host if the php mail() test and SMTP maoil don't work.

I have done exactly u told, after running the PHP code it showed "Mail was sent by PHP" and I received an email in my inbox Titled "Testing Mail" containing "This is a mailing test to see if PHP mail works." Even though users after registering don't getting emails in their mail boxes not even in spam boxes.. Plz help...

But according to the document it should be "mail($to, $subject, $message, $headers);" but I dont have this in inc/functions.php I have bolew code...

my_mail($to, $subject, $message, $from=""
i got the same problem and i did use the script and an email was sent and i got it in my inbox.

before that .. i registered here about 1 day ago and i didn't get any verification mail
so i had to contact you guys and 1 of you manually activated my ID.
so i think there's something going on....
I have problem with my yahoo email user.. They didn't receive any email verification after register..
Pages: 1 2