MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Best Media Manager? (iTunes Alternative)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, I need some help trying to pick a media manger, I just traded in my iPhone for a Galaxy S3 (Loving it!) so I can't use iTunes any more which I don't really mind since I never liked iTunes that much to begin with.

I'm really looking for something that is easy on the eyes, not to cluttered and has some of the following functions:
  • Recently Added/Custom Playlists.
  • Hard edit MP3 information (Title, Album, Artist, etc.) straight to the file.
  • Easy Device Sync.
  • Not a RAM tangerine.

I'm using WMP 12 for the moment until I can find something better, all suggestions are greatly appreciated!
I use Zune. Its light, fun, easy to use and does pretty much all you would need from a music player.
I liked http://www.clementine-player.org/ before spotify. You an also try winamp which IMO is a pretty good music program that just need a more modern UI.
+1 for clementine. I use it on both Windows and Linux and love it.
(2012-08-28, 03:57 PM)Jessie S. Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys, I need some help trying to pick a media manger, I just traded in my iPhone for a Galaxy S3 (Loving it!) so I can't use iTunes any more which I don't really mind since I never liked iTunes that much to begin with.

I'm really looking for something that is easy on the eyes, not to cluttered and has some of the following functions:
  • Recently Added/Custom Playlists.
  • Hard edit MP3 information (Title, Album, Artist, etc.) straight to the file.
  • Easy Device Sync.
  • Not a RAM tangerine.

I'm using WMP 12 for the moment until I can find something better, all suggestions are greatly appreciated!

I use both SongBird and Media Monkey. MediaMonkey is much better, but has a lot of bloat I don't use. So when I'm not organizing, I use songbird.
I use Spotify. It works with my iTunes purchases and just overall easy to use.

It doesn't have device syncing, though. I use iTunes to sync my iPod, so as an alternative you could just sync with WMP when needed and use Spotify when listening to music via the computer.

It's been open on my computer for just under a week and using 650MB of RAM (unlike Firefox which hits that within the span of five hours). So... it's KIND of a RAM hog, but it's good at staying with a specific range.
I'll try out Clementine today and let you guys know how it goes, thanks!
The draw under my desk where I keep all my CD's.
I use KM player and the latest version is awesome. Smile
In ubuntu rhytmbox is perfect and suits your choice Smile
I use Winamp for Windows, and I also prefer Rhythymbox when I am running Ubuntu.