MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyFavouritesIcon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Description
This plugin uses a 16px by 16px image (you have to make and upload this image your self) and puts the image next to the forum URL/tab depending on what browser you are using. This also allows users to save a shortcut to your forums on an iPod/iPhone/iPad with the specified 57px by 57px image

Install
To Install:
  1. Upload all the files in Upload to your MyBB installation
  2. Configure the settings
To Install favicon
  1. Make a 16px x 16px image relevent to your forums, you can use the example.png as a template
  2. Prefrebly upload the image as favicon.ico to the root of your website e.g. public_html
To Install apple touch icon
  1. Make a 57px x 57px image relevent to your forums.
  2. Prefrebly upload the image as .jpg file
License
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under
the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software
Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later
version.

This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY
WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License
for more details.

Download
http://mods.mybb.com/view/favourites-icon-for-forum
Thread approved and download link to the Mods site added to the first post.
Thanks Omar.
Well done friend Smile Keep it up!
It's wasn't entirely difficult to make this plugin. I made a fail version of this when I first started using MyBB - it is basically a way to practice making plugins.
There is no need for a plugin either. Just upload a favicon.ico in your forum's root and it'll appear as favicon.
I know that. As I already said this is just me getting to grips with MyBB's plugin system when I first started.
(2012-12-10, 05:39 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]There is no need for a plugin either. Just upload a favicon.ico in your forum's root and it'll appear as favicon.

Is the same true for the Apple Touch icon?

If so, what should the jpeg be named?
(2012-12-10, 05:50 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]Is the same true for the Apple Touch icon?

If so, what should the jpeg be named?

Not exactly. See http://mathiasbynens.be/notes/touch-icons

tl;dr: You're probably safe just dropping all the icon files on the root of your forum. Unless either your forum or icons are in a sub-directory, in which case you must specifically declare a couple of <link> elements in the <head>. At least this is what HTML5 Boilerplate is currently doing.