MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need an Idea for a new plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm totally new to this. I wanted to make a plugin by following a tutorial, I would like to know what kind of plugin would be easy to make? Please tell me an easy plugin as it will be my first plugin. Concept can be anything.

P.S: I'm not asking for support, I'm just asking for an Idea.
The easiest to make would be some sort of insertion plugin that you can insert text into each post.
Usefulness I don't know.

I have always written plugins and learned how to write them, born of my own need within my forums
(2012-08-29, 12:54 AM)Dannymh Wrote: [ -> ]The easiest to make would be some sort of insertion plugin that you can insert text into each post.
Usefulness I don't know.

I have always written plugins and learned how to write them, born of my own need within my forums

Thanks but what do you mean insertion plugin. I mean I understand what you mean't but can you give me an example.
if you want to learn how myBB works, you should look into making a plugin that adds data to post output an then a plugin that does something when you create a new post.

that way, you learn all the fundamentals of how MyBB works for most all other cases.
(2012-08-30, 10:40 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]if you want to learn how myBB works, you should look into making a plugin that adds data to post output an then a plugin that does something when you create a new post.

that way, you learn all the fundamentals of how MyBB works for most all other cases.

Thanks, but can you recommend me a specific plugin to look at and follow the idea?