MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Edit the colors (link, background) of the Welcomeblock
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys,

i am trying to change the background and link colors in the Welcomeblock. In the .css what I found there was to change the background color.

Using a slightly altered version of the default MyBB theme, with white background and black text/links. Now the welcomeblock is supposed to be with black background, which I could change in the .css and even the normal text there is white now.

But the links for the UserCP etc. they are also black now. So I suppose it takes the link color from other parts of the .css. And so even if I would find which, and change them to white as well, that would probably mean that in my forum i would have white background and white (for example) text. So I am looking for a way to use a independent way of changing their colors, without changing it in other parts of the style as well.

Where is that defined ?

Thank you in advance.

Wolfseye
You can do some modifications in AdminCP -> Templates & Style -> your theme -> Header
(2012-08-29, 01:17 PM)JordanMussi Wrote: [ -> ]You can do some modifications in AdminCP -> Templates & Style -> your theme -> Header

I figured that, i just dont know how. There seems no class be defined (i am not good with .css!) on which part of the .css the link colors used in there are defined. If they base on A:LINK then I cant change it because then I would also change the link color for the rest of the forum.

So how do I do that, please, without messing up the link colors for any other part of the forum ? Its just in the Welcomeblock where i need to change those from black font on white background to white font on black background.

Any help is appreciated.

Wolfseye
Add the following to your global.css below the #panel decleration:

#panel a:link, #panel a:visited{
    color:#ffffff;
    text-decoration:none;
}

#panel a:hover, #panel a:active{
    color:#ffffff;
    text-decoration:underline;
}

This will change the colour of links in the welcomeblock to white (#ffffff).
Thank you Eunator, that made my day ! Smile Thanks a million. Wink But one little thing I noticed is on the right side where the Buddy list link is.

http://i.imgur.com/1OveL.jpg

It has white background. I cant remember if I did that by mistake or if it just was so. Where do i fix that ?

Thanks again m8, appreciate it !

WOlfseye
Not entirely sure. Could you post the header_welcomeblock_member template please?
<span style="float:right;">{$lang->welcome_current_time}</span>
		{$lang->welcome_back} (<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/usercp.php"><strong>{$lang->welcome_usercp}</strong></a>{$modcplink}{$admincplink} &mdash; <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=logout&amp;logoutkey={$mybb->user['logoutkey']}">{$lang->welcome_logout}</a>)<br />
				<span class="links">
					<a href="#" onclick="MyBB.popupWindow('{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/misc.php?action=buddypopup', 'buddyList', 350, 350);">{$lang->welcome_open_buddy_list}</a>
				</span>
				<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/search.php?action=getnew">{$lang->welcome_newposts}</a> | <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/search.php?action=getdaily">{$lang->welcome_todaysposts}</a> | <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/private.php">{$lang->welcome_pms}</a> {$lang->welcome_pms_usage}<!-- ProfileComments --> | <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=profile&uid={$mybb->user['uid']}" title="{$lang->profile_comments}">{$lang->profile_comments_new_inmenu}</a> {$lang->profile_comments_new_inmenu_count}<!-- /ProfileComments -->

Of course, here you go. Wink
Hm. Not sure. Could you perhaps post your URL and details of a test account?
Ok, find the following in global.css:

#panel .links {
	background: #ffffff;
	margin: 0;
	float: right;
}

Change it to:

#panel .links {
	margin: 0;
	float: right;
}
Thanks man, now you made me really happy. Wink Stupid me probably changed that by mistake LOL ... Now its fixed and I am glad. Wink

Cheers

Wolfseye
Pages: 1 2