MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: A few questions!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys, I've a couple of questions for my Mybb forum.
Lets go:

1) When I go to a site that doesnt exists on my forum it redirects me to my hosting company, how can I change that to a custom error page?

Example: If I write www.mydomain.com/aohisfosihdgoisdhg.php it redirects me to my host, but I want it to redirect to an error page.

2) How do I invite people to usergroups (I go to the ACP and into the users profile and adds him to the group I want)

Example: If a member of my forum bought a costum usergroup how can I do so he can invite members to hes group himself?

3) I've added a new toplink to my forum "Awards", the toplinks at my theme is buttons that are grey when they're not chosen and turns blue when you click on them, but my new toplink (awards) is always grey (it doesnt turns blue when you click on it)

Example: Forum

4) I've added the "Board Messages" to my forum, installed it and so on, but I cant find settings for it neither can I find where I'm able to add a board message

Example: N/A

I think thats it for now Wink

-WeN
(2012-08-29, 05:52 PM)WeNZuX Wrote: [ -> ]1) When I go to a site that doesnt exists on my forum it redirects me to my hosting company, how can I change that to a custom error page?

Example: If I write www.mydomain.com/aohisfosihdgoisdhg.php it redirects me to my host, but I want it to redirect to an error page.
You want custom 404 page. Check out this tutorial.

(2012-08-29, 05:52 PM)WeNZuX Wrote: [ -> ]3) I've added a new toplink to my forum "Awards", the toplinks at my theme is buttons that are grey when they're not chosen and turns blue when you click on them, but my new toplink (awards) is always grey (it doesnt turns blue when you click on it)

Your CSS (as I saw - external CSS) contains code:
#calendar .calendar, #portal .portal, #index .index, #search .search, #members .members, #help .help {
	background: url(../../../images/darkfusion/style/menu_active.png) top left repeat-x;
	padding: 9px 7px 8px;
	color: #000;
	text-decoration: none;
        text-shadow: 0 1px 0 #33adff;
	-moz-border-radius: 4px;
	-webkit-border-radius: 4px;
}
You should add ".awards" to it.
Or lazy solution: change class for awards link to, f.e., class="index" in your templates.
(2012-08-29, 05:52 PM)WeNZuX Wrote: [ -> ]4) I've added the "Board Messages" to my forum, installed it and so on, but I cant find settings for it neither can I find where I'm able to add a board message

Could you link to plugin?
(2012-08-30, 07:13 AM)loveley Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-08-29, 05:52 PM)WeNZuX Wrote: [ -> ]1) When I go to a site that doesnt exists on my forum it redirects me to my hosting company, how can I change that to a custom error page?

You want custom 404 page. Check out this tutorial.

(2012-08-29, 05:52 PM)WeNZuX Wrote: [ -> ]3) I've added a new toplink to my forum "Awards", the toplinks at my theme is buttons that are grey when they're not chosen and turns blue when you click on them, but my new toplink (awards) is always grey (it doesnt turns blue when you click on it)

Your CSS (as I saw - external CSS) contains code:
#calendar .calendar, #portal .portal, #index .index, #search .search, #members .members, #help .help {
	background: url(../../../images/darkfusion/style/menu_active.png) top left repeat-x;
	padding: 9px 7px 8px;
	color: #000;
	text-decoration: none;
        text-shadow: 0 1px 0 #33adff;
	-moz-border-radius: 4px;
	-webkit-border-radius: 4px;
}
You should add ".awards" to it.
Or lazy solution: change class for awards link to, f.e., class="index" in your templates.
(2012-08-29, 05:52 PM)WeNZuX Wrote: [ -> ]4) I've added the "Board Messages" to my forum, installed it and so on, but I cant find settings for it neither can I find where I'm able to add a board message

Could you link to plugin?

1) Thanks will fix this soon :-)

3) Please explain me where to find the css file etc. Im a beginner sorry!

4) plugin

And to the other guy, I dont have that one.
(2012-08-31, 01:44 PM)WeNZuX Wrote: [ -> ]4) plugin

I guess this plugin has a problem with mybb 1.6.5 and later (1.6.6, 1.6.7 , ... ) bad English Big Grin
because I had this problem too. you can add this manually.
for example many peoples use this way:
add this codes in your global.css

.yellow {
	background: #FFF6BF;
	border: 2px solid #FFD324;
	color: #000000;
	font-size: 11px;
	padding: 5px;
	margin-top: 2px;
}

.green {
	background: #D6ECA6;
	border: 2px solid #8DC93E;
	margin-top: 4px;

}

.blue {
	background: #ADCBE7;
	border: 2px solid #0F5C8E;
	margin-top: 4px;
}

and then add codes like below codes any where that you want show them , for example index or header templates:

<div class="green"><div style="text-align: center;>WRITE YOUR MESSAGE OR PUT CODES HERE</div></div>

also and of course you can add styles to latest code too. it's other way.
FOR CHANGE CLASSES , CHANGE GREEN .
You'll find CSS in your admin panel -> Templates & Style -> Choose theme -> global.css