MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cant get to the admin control panel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ive recently moved into my university dorm and sorted out my Internet connection. Theres over 1000 students living in the village and as you can imagine, the demand for Internet access is quite large. They have fixed the problem by getting multiple broadband lines from different ISPs and balancing the load over these connections. Unfortunately this means i cant log into my MyBB admin panel Toungue

The top frame loads but the other two load the login page with this error message
Your IP address does not match the administration session.

I'm hoping that using the village proxy might help, but the website with details about said proxy is down. In case that doesn't work, is there a way to make the ACP not check the clients IP address? I know this is a huge security risk but it may be necessary.
If you remove the following code form admin/global.php

// If IP matching is set - check IP address against the session IP
				else if(ADMIN_IP_SEGMENTS > 0)
				{
					$exploded_ip = explode(".", $ipaddress);
					$exploded_admin_ip = explode(".", $admin_session['ip']);
					$matches = 0;
					$valid_ip = false;
					for($i = 0; $i < ADMIN_IP_SEGMENTS; $i++)
					{
						if($exploded_ip[$i] == $exploded_admin_ip[$i])
						{
							++$matches;
						}
						if($matches == ADMIN_IP_SEGMENTS)
						{
							$valid_ip = true;
							break;
						}
					}
					// IP doesn't match properly - show message on logon screen
					if(!$valid_ip)
					{
						$lang->invalid_admin = $lang->invalid_admin_ip;
						unset($user);
					}	
				}

It should work, I haven't tested this tho. Just remember, your ACP is not as secure.
Thanks you saved me from looking for the code myself.

As for security, Im thinking of either setting an appache password on that directory or just deleting it when im not using it.
your gonna delete your acp when you don't use it? Toungue

All you need to do is relogin and it would work
Tikitiki Wrote:All you need to do is relogin and it would work

How do you mean? when I try to log in again it gives me the same error
[attachment=4111]

And ive had a better idea. Ill delete the global.php file in the admin folder when i dont need to use the ACP instead of deleting every thing Toungue
hmm... Your using 1.2 right? This error has been reported before. Clear your cookies & cache, and re login to the acp.
I'm using 1.2. Havent tried it loading the 1.1.8 board yet.

Anyway, cleating the cookies/cache doesn't work, same problem occurs.

Its the load balancing, downloading each frame through a different connection. The frame that loads varies from try to try. Sometimes all the frames display the login page with that error. If i'm lucky, the two important frames will load down the same connection and i can get some work done, but as soon as i click a link, the main frame goes back to the login page and i have to retry the link until it uses the same connection again. This isn't ideal for working with the forms in the acp, as you can imagine.